Solutions Engineer - Cloudflare for Teams
About Cloudflare for Teams
Cloudflare for Teams protects devices, networks, and internal applications by securing every connection without compromising user performance. The speed, reliability and protection Cloudflare brought to securing infrastructure is extended to everything organizations do on the Internet.
What you’ll do as Solution Engineer for Cloudflare for Teams
You are the technical keystone for our teams. You will work closely with our Cloudflare for Teams customers and our internal product team, to educate, empower, and ensure their success while working on the Cloudflare platform. You will leverage your technical expertise in Cloudflare’s global distributed network and technology to empower our customers and make them successful in deploying Cloudflare for Teams. You will help define the onboarding process, tooling, documentation and onboard new customers via video-conference, in person, or through documentation to support the long-term success of the business relationship.
As a Solutions Engineer for Cloudflare for Teams, you are also the technical Cloudflare for Teams advocate within our company. You will work closely with every team at Cloudflare, from Sales and Product to Engineering and Customer Support. Your goal of customer success should drive you through the entire organization as you seek out and create scalable solutions and processes.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
Our Solutions Engineers come from a wide range of backgrounds: system administration and information technology, financial consulting, engineering, software development, product management, customer support & project delivery. We're serious about building a diverse team. When hiring, we look for diversity of experience combined with genuine curiosity for our technology in addition to core technical competencies.
Ultimately, you are passionate about technology and have the ability to explain complex technical concepts in easy-to-understand terms. You are naturally curious, and an avid builder who is not afraid to get your hands dirty. You appreciate the diversity of challenges in working with customers, and look forward to helping them realize the full promise of Cloudflare. On the Solutions Engineering Subject Matter Expert team, you will find a collaborative environment where everyone brings different strengths and jumps in to help each other.
Technical experience required for this role includes a combination of the skills below:
- You have a strong Systems Administration/IT Systems Analyst background and understanding of highly-available and scalable enterprise server infrastructure
- You can translate technical concepts and jargon for a wide variety of audiences: from systems engineers, to front-end developers, through to IT managers and C-levels in enterprise organisations
- You want to be constantly learning new things & teaching what you've learnt to the wider team, through internal blog posts, team demos, or broader product training sessions
- You have a knack for understanding problems & finding creative ways to solve them. Our product is ever-growing, and knowing how to identify which parts will solve a customer's particular problem is important. Solutions Engineers are responsible for the technical sale of our Enterprise products, and so this is important
- You understand how to manage a project, work to deadlines, and prioritise between competing demands
- You understand how MacOS, iOS, Windows & Android devices are managed in the enterprise (configuring device policy, deploying apps, etc.)
- You may also have a strong IT networking background and understanding of how the Internet works, e.g., TCP/IP & IPv4/6, software defined networking and overall IT networking related best practices;
Other examples include:
- Know the differences between TCP & UDP, and understand what kinds of applications may favor one over the other;
- Can explain the difference between authoritative DNS, recursive DNS, split-horizon DNS;
- You understand the role of a firewall, why TLS (SSL) plays an increasingly important role on today's Internet, a solid understanding of HTTP and a willingness to dive deeper into the quirks of clients & servers alike
- You're not afraid of command-line tools, REST APIs, or becoming an expert at analysing requests in the web inspector
- You're OK with some (10-15 days per quarter) travel: we occasionally travel to customer offices, conferences and/or do talks
- Previous experience in a sales or consulting role (note: doesn't have to be in tech)
- Previous experience in a technical enablement role (note: doesn’t have to be in tech)
- Previous experience with end user device support including in depth knowledge of Windows/Linux operating systems, troubleshooting connectivity issues, and analyzing system configuration files/logs/other artifacts to perform root cause analysis
- Previous experience managing, upgrading and troubleshooting local site IT infrastructure. e.g., Windows System Administration experience including Microsoft Windows Desktop, Server, and Active Directory
- Understanding of, or experience with, regulatory requirements such as PCI DSS, HIPAA, and SOC-2
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Back to top