- Austin, TX
What you’ll do
You are the technical keystone through the entire sales cycle - pre and post sales. You will work closely with our Enterprise prospects and customers to educate, empower, and ensure their success on the Cloudflare platform. You will leverage your technical expertise in Cloudflare’s global distributed network and technology to find best-fit solutions for prospects, to train and onboard new customers via video-conference, in person, or through documentation, and to support the long-term success of the customer. As an expert on web/mobile security and performance, you are a trusted source for developing new firewall rules from log files, crafting performance caching and delivery strategies, and creating or repurposing internal tools and scripts for customers.
As a Solutions Engineer, you are the technical customer advocate within Cloudflare. To aid your customers, you will work closely with every team at Cloudflare, from Sales and Product to Engineering and Customer Support. Your goal of customer success should drive you through the entire organization as you seek out and create scalable solutions for your customer’s needs.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
Our Solutions Engineers come from a wide range of backgrounds: financial consulting, engineering, software development, product management, customer support & project delivery. We're serious about building a diverse team. When hiring we look for diversity of experience combined with genuine curiosity for our technology.
Ultimately, you are passionate about technology and have the ability to explain complex technical concepts in easy-to-understand terms. You are naturally curious, and an avid builder who is not afraid to get your hands dirty. You appreciate the diversity of challenges in working with customers, and look forward to helping them realize the full promise of Cloudflare. On the Solutions Engineering team, you will find a collaborative environment where everyone brings different strengths and jumps in to help each other.
Additional experience might include a combination of the skills below:
- Ability to manage a project, work to deadlines, and prioritize between competing demands;
- Understanding of “how the internet works”. For example:
- Know the differences between TCP & UDP, and understand what kinds of applications may favor one over the other;
- Can explain the difference between authoritative DNS & recursive DNS;
- You understand the role of a firewall, why TLS (SSL) plays an increasingly important role on today's Internet, a solid understanding of HTTP and a willingness to dive deeper into the quirks of clients & servers alike;
- Previous experience in a sales or consulting role. (note: doesn't have to be in tech);
- You've built a web application before, or contributed to an existing application in a meaningful way;
- You can describe the differences between CSRF, XSS and SQLi in detail, and Cloudflare's role in defending against them;
- Understanding of, or experience with, regulatory requirements such a PCI DSS, HIPAA, and SOC-2;
Back to top