Solution Sales Specialist, India
About the Department
Strategic Account Executives, Solutions Sales Specialists, Account Executives, Channel Account Managers, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers, Customer Success, and Sales Operations - all working together help our customers adopt Cloudflare and create great Internet-enabled experiences. The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.
Based in Singapore, you are the maestro who understands your customers’ business, their organisation, competitiveness in the market, business issues and also their existing IT & network architecture. And at the same time you are equally knowledgeable about the distinctive value propositions & unique capabilities of Cloudflare and how they can serve the client needs and eliminate the challenges faced by the customer.
The ideal candidate should be an innovative security professional who has the ability to to earn the customer’s trust while providing their perspective and guidance on developing and executing an innovative cloud security strategy. You will understand the needs & challenges faced by customers and as a trusted advisor, thought leader, articulate the distinctive value propositions, capabilities and differentiated offerings of Cloudflare in a compelling, effective and consultative manner.
You will possess both a major account sales & presales background in technology solutions, primarily software based, that enables them to drive engagement with senior level decision makers within Cloudflare’s target customers. Industry experience selling into Finance, Retail, Manufacturing and other Enterprise verticals along with Service Provider is desired in this role.
The Solution Sales Specialist will team with Strategic Account Executives to drive sales into large enterprise/strategic accounts across India for Cloudflare’s solutions. Large enterprise accounts include, but are not limited to, Multinational Corporations, G2000/CAC 40 companies, hyper-growth companies, and other organisations that have substantial requirements for Cloudflare solutions. Your strategic selling activities will include consultative hunting and farming type activities to proactively penetrate and target named large accounts, detailed solution planning, vertical specific cloud value propositions planning, focused relationship building and nurture, leading to land & expand the business in the accounts.
As a Cloudflare Solution Sales Specialist, you'll also be responsible for developing and executing against a Sales strategy/plan for Strategic accounts, as well as driving large account sales into Indian markets to achieve team revenue targets. Therefore, you must have a strong network of contacts with key technical influencers & decision makers in large enterprise accounts across the region, and have experience selling complex solutions to these accounts. You will have an intuitive understanding and experience with the key business and technical needs of these and large accounts and will create and deliver compelling value propositions to them for Cloudflare solutions.
Additional responsibilities will include
- Manage contract negotiations
- Maintain a robust sales pipeline
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
- < 50% travel
- Collaborate with Strategic account executives to develop & grow strategic & large enterprise business for Cloudflare
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Fluent in both English and Hindi.
- Relevant direct experience, track record, and relationships within largest corporate enterprise accounts in Indian markets
- 10+ years of direct B2B selling experience, 5-10+ years selling to large enterprise/strategic accounts
- Direct experience selling network security and/or CDN solutions and services preferred
- Prior experience being part of an early sales team helping drive traction in Indian markets for a US-based SaaS company highly preferred
- Experience managing longer, complex sales cycles
- Basic understanding of computer networking and “how the internet works”
- Aptitude for learning technical concepts/terms (Technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus)
- Strong interpersonal communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable working in a fast paced dynamic environment
Back to top