Software Engineer - Workers Team
- Austin, TX
About the department
What you'll do
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- More than 5 years of experience building and managing high volume software applications.
- Knowledge of at least one modern strongly-typed programming language such as Go, Java, Rust, or C++.
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented or functional design.
- Experience debugging, optimizing and identifying failure modes in a large-scale Linux-based distributed system.
- Strong understanding of operating systems concepts such as processes, threading and memory management.
- Experience working in a non-garbage collected language such as Rust or C++.
- Experience managing and contributing to open-source projects.
- Experience embedding a scripting language in a product.
- Experience writing code in a modern front end framework such as React or AngularJS
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Back to top