Software Engineer - Content Delivery
About the Department
Cloudflare’s Engineering Team builds and runs the software that helps power 16 million Internet properties. We also build and run the internal tools that builds and runs our software. The Engineering Team is split into two groups: one handles product development and the other handles operations. Product development covers both new features and functionality and scaling our existing software to meet the challenges of a massively growing customer base. The operations team handles one of the world’s largest networks with data centers in 102 cities worldwide.
What you'll do
- Work as part of a team that builds the Cloudflare cache and related functionality
- Create maintainable, performant and tested code
- Interface with products and other engineering teams
- Create functional specifications that capture your system design
- Leave code better than you found it
- Mentor team members.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 4+ years professional experience as a developer/engineer
- Solid grasp of how TCP and HTTP work
- Experience with Linux networking
- Ability to work in multiple programming languages (C, Lua or Python)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- Experience implementing secure and highly-available distributed systems a plus.
Back to top