Senior Security Engineer - Infrastructure
- Austin, TX
About the Department
The Security team at Cloudflare is focused and committed to helping secure both Cloudflare and our customers. The Infrastructure Security team works closely with the engineering teams responsible for running and maintaining our global infrastructure. Our mission is to help build security into the hardware and software that run Cloudflare’s products.
What you’ll do
We are looking for an experienced Security Engineer to help us in our mission to build a better internet. Part engineer, part hacker, you will work with our engineering and infrastructure teams to help secure our globally distributed systems.
- Work to ensure our global infrastructure is secure from all attacks, ranging from “script kiddies” to nation states.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Build internal security tools that help fix security problems at a massive scale.
- Be a technical lead, driving products from inception to completion with other members of the security team, as well as engineering teams across the company.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience on a security engineering team, ideally as a technical lead.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to distill complex security issues into concise explanations.
- Experience in engineering creative solutions in response to ever changing attack methodologies.
- Experience in developing and debugging in at least one programming language, with a preference towards Go, C/C++, or Rust.
- Knowledge of cryptographic primitives and how they can be safely used.
- Familiar with the challenges of processing security events at scale.
- Expertise in securing hardware. You should be able to talk about the differences between secure boot, trusted boot and verified boot. You should know when to use a TPM or HSM.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Back to top