Senior Network Engineer
- Austin, TX
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join our team. Cloudflare is building one of the largest, most resilient networks that spans over 200 points of presence spread across all regions and plans to continue our expansion at a rapid pace. This position will be responsible for the technical operation and engineering of the Cloudflare's core data center network, including the planning, installation and management of the hardware and software as well as the day to day operations of the network. The core network supports our critical internal needs such as databases, high volume logging, and internal application clusters. This is an opportunity to be part of the team that is building a high-performance network that is accessible to any web property online.
- 3 plus years of experience working in large scale data center network engineering environments
- Proficient to expert knowledge of NX-OS and EOS
- Experience with Clos Fabrics and a strong understanding of EVPN and VXLAN deployments and protocols
- Proven network debugging and problem solving skills
- Strong interest in network automation frameworks (SaltStack and/or Ansible, etc)
- Experience writing network configuration and design documentation
- Ability to prioritize when faced with high pressure scenarios
Bonus Points but not required:
- Knowledge of programming languages like Python or Golang
- Good working knowledge of BGP
- Experience working on high traffic, scalable networks
- Professional experience as a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
- Professional level network certification(s) (JNCIP , CCNP , etc) or higher
- Experience working on cloud provider or content networks
- Experience managing internal and/or external customer requirements and expectations
- Experience with optical transport technologies such as CWDM/DWDM
- Experience with CI/CD, containers, Kubernetes and/or visualization, web servers, and databases
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Back to top