Senior Business Development Manager, China
- Beijing, China
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
The Special Project team at Cloudflare works on a wide range of tactical and strategic projects that are critical to the operations and long term development of Cloudflare. From Cloudflare’s entry into Chinese market through a strategic partnership with one of China’s largest Internet companies; to conducting strategic acquisitions; managing our partnerships and relationships with the major cloud providers; and finding commercial opportunities for Cloudflare’s new products and technologies, we are involved at all levels of driving the company’s business strategy and development. The Special Projects team works with the executive level and across all teams in the company.
What you'll do
We are looking for a Senior Business Development Manager for China, based in Beijing. This person will be responsible for helping Cloudflare chart the next phase of sales growth and go-to-market(GTM) development for Cloudflare’s strategic partnership in China. With 25% of the world’s internet population, China is critical to Cloudflare’s mission and business. Our presence in China is a crucial competitive differentiator for the company.
You will be driving the formation and execution of new strategic partnerships related to our China business. This will include:
- Creation of business plans, GTM strategy, financial models and presentations for these opportunities;
- Managing the execution of the strategic partnership including sales enablement and sales operation in China;
- Participate in the negotiation and execution of these transactions
This role offers an incredible opportunity to make a significant contribution to a high growth company in one of the world’s fastest growing economies.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience :
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business field
- 10+ years of experience in a Sales (direct/channel/OEM/partner) or Business Development role at a high growth technology company
- Experience managing sales-driven teams, and working with and driving cross-culture/functional projects in the technology sector
- Manage partner sales pipeline, sales forecast and identify new business opportunities. Drive revenue through partners and their resellers.
- Work with partners to develop sales proposals, quotations and pricings, and address partner related issues like sales conflicts and pricing issues.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with experience presenting to senior management
- Highly collaborative person who is able to work across teams, and influence by example
- Thrives in a fast-paced and result-driven environment, and is intellectually curious
- Fluent English and Mandarin speaker
- Role will be based in Beijing with travels to San Francisco
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Back to top