Product Marketing Manager, Cloudflare Workers
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
Marketing builds awareness, drives acquisition, and expands usage by developing innovative, breakthrough campaigns that are delivered through multiple channels, including our website, blog, emails, social media, events, and advertising. Product Marketing plays a central role by partnering throughout the company to deliver customer insights, take new and existing products to market, and develop content that fuels growth campaigns.
About Cloudflare Workers
Cloudflare Workers, our product that enables developers to deploy serverless applications, helps make Cloudflare the most technically advanced global cloud platform. Cloudflare Workers helps our customers augment existing applications or create entirely new ones without configuring or maintain architecture. From delivering personalized user experience and increasing API responsiveness to implementing custom application security and improving A/B testing performance, Cloudflare Workers allows our customers to get even more value and usefulness out of Cloudflare.
About the Workers Product Marketing Role
Cloudflare is looking for a product marketing manager to grow Cloudflare’s customer base using our revolutionary compute and configuration platform, Workers. This is a high-impact, results-oriented role, where you will work directly with Product Management, Product Strategy, Sales and Marketing to take new products, features, and developer experience improvements to market and develop messaging and campaigns that drive acquisition and expansion.
This role is a part of our global Product Marketing team which includes Content Marketing, Customer Advocacy, Go-to-Market, and Community Development. This role reports directly to our Head of Product Marketing.
In this role, you will develop a deep understanding of the customer and product, and translate these insights to messaging and campaigns that take Cloudflare Workers to the market. You’ll amplify Cloudflare Workers by communicating use cases and customer success stories. You will launch new products and features. You will find and experiment with new tactics, channels, and content or put a new spin on traditional ones to make launches successful.
What You'll Do
- Own go-to-market activities for Cloudflare Workers products, features, and content initiatives.
- Acquire deep customer knowledge by partnering with internal stakeholders -- such as product management, engineering, design, and sales -- and engaging directly with customers for insights and message validation.
- Create and execute go-to-market strategies to drive product awareness, adoption, and pipeline from our Workers products.
- Partner with acquisition and expansion teams to drive demand and generate lifecycle marketing programs that increase usage of Cloudflare Workers.
- Create the internal and external facing content to enable our Sales team to leverage Workers capabilities to close deals and expand usage.
- Partner with our Analyst Relations team to leverage Workers capabilities, establishing Cloudflare as a leader in the security and performance space.
Examples Of Desirable Skills, Knowledge And Experience
The ideal candidate for this role is comfortable in a fast paced environment and exhibits technical curiosity, empathy for problems facing developers, and a willingness to experiment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent listening and empathy skills.
- Demonstrated ability in executing in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to manage ambiguity and navigate unforeseen obstacles gracefully.
- Experience in Product, Product Marketing, or a Customer Facing Engineering role.
- Deep technical curiosity and ability to understand complex developer-related trends and applicability to the portfolio.
- Ability to effectively influence both internal and external stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
- A passion for Cloudflare’s mission and the success of our customers, partners, and community.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Back to top