Product Marketing Lead - Network and Performance
- San Francisco, CA
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Product Marketing Team
Marketing builds awareness, drives acquisition, and expands usage by developing innovative, breakthrough campaigns that are delivered through multiple channels, including our website, blog, emails, social media, events, and advertising. Product Marketing plays a central role by partnering with Product Management, Product Strategy, Sales, Communications and throughout the company to deliver customer insights, take new and existing products to market, and develop content that fuels growth campaigns.
What you'll do
As Product Marketing Lead for Network and Performance, you will be responsible for leading all aspects of marketing -- including developing product messaging, collecting customer insights, product marketing launches, and enabling our sales team -- for a broad product portfolio which includes Magic Transit, Argo, Insights, and our CDN. Partnering closely with Product Management and Sales leaders, you will develop and deploy messaging designed to drive product adoption, retention, and revenue outcomes for the business. Reporting directly to the Head of Product Marketing, this role is a highly visible leadership role within the Cloudflare organization which will have a significant impact on the long-term growth of the fast-growing Cloudflare business.
- Own strategic positioning and messaging for our networking and performance products.
- Develop content that drives awareness, evaluation and adoption of our networking and performance products.
- Acquire deep customer knowledge through market research, customer interviews and segmentation analysis.
- Develop and execute integrated marketing campaigns to drive demand for products and solutions.
- Be the voice of the product to the entire marketing team.
- Be the voice of the marketing team to product management and other key product stakeholders.
- Partner with Demand Generation and Expansion Marketing to generate pipeline and revenue for your product portfolio.
- Create the internal and external-facing content to enable our Sales team to effectively position and sell Cloudflare’s networking and performance solutions.
- Partner with our Communications and Analyst Relations team to establish Cloudflare as a networking and performance leader.
- Successfully launch new services to customers and partners.
- 10+ years of experience in product marketing with at least some experience in an technology-focused role
- Aptitude and energy for written and verbal communication, especially to technical audiences
- The ability to understand complex network and performance technology-related trends and applicability to the portfolio.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. A writing sample is required as part of your application.
- Ability to effectively influence both internal and external stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and navigate unforeseen obstacles gracefully.
- Deep curiosity, excellent listening skills, empathy, and ability to get things done in a collaborative team environment.
- A passion for Cloudflare’s mission and the success of our customers, partners, and community.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Back to top