Physical Security Specialist
- Austin, TX
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Role
We are not looking for a “been there, done that” approach to physical security. We are looking for someone excited about solving physical world challenges with next-generation technology on a global scale. You will be partnering with other teams to unify physical and digital access into one cohesive access management and incident response strategy.
What You’ll Do
As part of Cloudflare’s founding physical security team, you will be a pivotal member of the Security team. Responsibilities include:
- Continue to build and manage our global physical security program. This includes our physical access control system and video management system.
- Establish, implement, and automate our physical security standards and processes globally.
- Design, implement and manage new physical security controls across our global offices.
- Design, configure, and test physical security systems globally (e.g. access control, video management systems).
- Work alongside our Detection and Response (DnR) Team to identify ways to ingest video and access control event alarms into our DnR pipeline and process those through various stages of triage.
- Partner with IT, Places Team, and third party vendors / contractors to deploy and manage physical security hardware and software.
- Optimize physical security guard deployment by augmenting and substituting with technology solutions where possible.
- Manage and process third party vendors and contractors for office builds,expansions, day to day operations, performance and escalation protocols, and adherence to established physical security standards and compliance requirements.
- Support physical security components of internal and external audits.
- Partner with IT and Infrastructure teams on physical security controls and standards as it relates to asset management.
- Work with the Security Compliance team on developing and implementing physical security controls as it relates to various compliance requirements including but not limited to FedRamp, ISO and SOC.
- Map the supply chain process for data center deployments and decommissions, identify gaps in security and propose technical solutions.
- Run pilots to assess if new technologies and services are worthy of longer term investment.
- Help drive security awareness and compliance across the business.
- Act as the physical security consultant for emergency response (e.g. fire, earthquake, active shooter) and disaster recovery.
- Document and maintain physical security standards, policies, and processes. Support implementation of operational metrics, project tracking, and status / blockers reporting as needed
- Cross-functional support of other Security organization initiatives (i.e. security vendor management).
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience executing on physical security technology projects
- Equally adept at strategy formulation and tactical execution
- Solid understanding of integrating and deploying systems at scale
- Baseline understanding of access control and management principles
- Exceptional empathy and integrity. Demonstrated success in earning trust across a broad variety of stakeholders and making principled decisions
- Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions
- Experience in or desire to work with multiple time zones and multiple cross functional teams, including travel as needed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage a large number of projects simultaneously
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Back to top