Manager, Outbound Sales Development
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Team
The BDR program has two goals—generate qualified pipeline and develop business development representatives’ careers. We care deeply about both goals.
We have worked purposefully over the last 2 years to increase the percentage of our new business revenue that comes from the outbound BDR team by partnering closely with our internal customers, Account Executives, to generate high quality meetings and pipeline. During that time we have also helped many BDRs grow into Account Executive and Customer Success roles. As we scale, BDRs are also starting to find homes in other roles across the Sales Engineering, Sales Operations, Marketing, and Partner teams.
While accomplishing these two goals we strive to be a team that always “puts our Cloudflare hat on” and focuses on the best interests of the company.
About the Role
You will play a critical role in building out our fast-growing team of Business Development Representatives in San Francisco. The BDR program has two goals--generate qualified pipeline and develop BDRs’ careers. We care deeply about both goals and so we are looking for someone will be a hands-on coach who will grow BDRs into high-performing members of Cloudflare’s organization.
- Carry and exceed your team’s quota
- Recruit, interview, and hire excellent BDRs at scale
- Sit with the team and coach them on call and email best practices
- Onboard and train BDRs to develop sales skills and deep product knowledge
- Work with the team to build career plans for each high-performing BDR
- Improve our BDR sales and product onboarding playbooks
- Build and scale the team’s processes
- Report, track, and manage sales activities and results using Salesforce.com
- Play an active role in the creation and iteration of team processes
- Work closely with marketing, sales, and sales operations to ensure alignment on your team’s strategy and execution
- 5+ years managing a team of BDRs or AEs
- Closing experience and track record of exceeding quota
- Experience with the demand waterfall and inbound lead flow
- Experience with outbound prospecting
- Salesforce and systems knowledge
- Excellent project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable working in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written)
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Back to top