IT Business Systems Manager
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What you will do
A business system manager oversees the IT related business needs that may include Netsuite and other 3rd party systems which support business processing for finance, purchasing, and order management. The primary responsibility of a business system manager is to build and maintain a positive relationship between IT and business areas, and ensure timely support of day-to-day business processing needs. A business systems manager interacts and coordinates between IT, business areas, and external vendors besides helping in defining and supporting the business process related to IT. A business systems manager demonstrates the ability to manage multiple projects and meet stated customer initiated deadlines.
- Develop and manage information systems and provide architectural and technical inputs to the project.
- Guide Business Systems Analysts and users.
- Analyze, design and implement process improvement changes across different departments and processes.
- Collaborate with technology teams and business users to manage implementation, training options and support.
- Documentation of technical requirements, coordination of all aspects of the business life-cycle, and implementation of change control procedures
- Review efficiency of latest software.
- Review existing systems by applications demos and meeting IT personnel.
- Perform gap analysis and define requirements to address the gaps.
- Analyze potential solutions to achieve future needs.
- Generate and manage quality control reports, management reports, status reports and system assessment reports.
- Calculate return on investment and execute the project activities with a focus on providing efficient and cost-effective solutions.
- Create and review technology RFPs.
- Coordinate with partners to define scope and act as a point of contact for all the partners.
- Coordinate with external vendors and other operations personnel in order to manage the development.
- Balance workload between in-house and outsourced resources and manage the ongoing business systems related projects
- Plan and implement effective testing processes to ensure that deliverables adhere to standards.
- Adhere to SOX controls and do periodic tests to ensure compliance
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Previous experience as a Business Systems Analyst, Solution Architect or in a similar role.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize
- Extensive knowledge base of business processes like order to cash, procure to pay etc
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Back to top