Illustrator, Brand and Diagrams
- San Francisco, CA
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Role:
We're looking for an Illustrator to join the Brand Design team within Marketing. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team that helps support nearly all aspects of Cloudflare initiatives, from brand campaigns to product launches. The ideal candidate possesses love and care for design craft, strong design rationale, communication skills, and has experience translating technical concepts into engaging illustrations and clean diagrams.
In A Typical Week You Will:
- Work closely with product marketing and other teams within Cloudflare to translate technical product concepts into large, high level illustrations
- Create clean and communicative diagrams to highlight the unique selling points and functionality of Cloudflare’s products
- Prioritize and execute on a range of design assignments - from visually telling the story of a referral program to announcing new product launches and even working on global brand campaigns
- Collaborate with product designers, product marketers, content writers, and marketing team members to bring life to complex concepts that will educate, empower, and delight our users
- Explore a variety of illustration styles and components alongside the brand team to help develop and expand our design system
- Help up-level our blog and public communications with illustrations that build brand equity and emotional attachment
- Build design artifacts alongside the rest of the Brand Design team to further the team’s goal of being a beacon for world class creative
What Were Looking For:
- Strong illustration and diagraming skills
- Strong conceptual thinking and ability to translate technical material into visual solutions
- Team player - this role will need to collaborate with many members within Cloudflare, so good communication is a must
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to act upon critique and design feedback
- Strong knowledge of industry design tools including Adobe Suite and Figma
- 2-4 years of experience illustrating within a technical space
- Passionate about visual design and the values it provides
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Back to top