Head of European Public Policy
- Brussels, Belgium
Public Policy at Cloudflare
Because of the scope, complexity, and diversity of the company’s work, our Public Policy team members must be flexible, talented and able to work collaboratively across multi-functional teams to find and present policy solutions, to carry the Cloudflare narrative and promote the public policy brand externally.
The team is currently based in Washington D.C and Brussels, and is often tasked with addressing global policy issues on top of local market priorities. The Head of European Public Policy will be mainly focused on Brussels, and the work may also include some focus on key national markets in Europe.
This is a fast-moving work environment with goals that are closely linked to business priorities, however, policy issues are typically within the areas of cybersecurity, data protection/privacy and intermediary liability.
What You’ll Do
Cloudflare’s Public Policy team helps the company by anticipating regulatory challenges, acting as an external advocate for Cloudflare on priority policy issues and identifying opportunities to build relationships with external partners. For our Head of European Public Policy, we’re looking for a leader who can help grow a team that fosters our unique corporate philosophy within the EU, develop public policy solutions to challenging technology issues and be comfortable giving front line support on issues requiring engagement.
This role is ideal for an experienced and energetic manager who is proactive, a strategic thinker, a skilled communicator and above all else, someone who has a thirst for knowledge and continued growth, all while working as part of a great team.
The Head of European Public Policy will report to the Head of Public Policy.
As part of the job, you will:
- Lead Cloudflare’s government-facing advocacy in the EU.
- Evaluate EU policy conversations and legislative developments, and work to understand the impact on Cloudflare across its full product set
- Develop talking points, policy narratives and presentation materials for use at external events and meetings and for other communication purposes (company blog, position papers etc)
- Articulate Cloudflare’s positioning to relevant policy makers and officials from the European Institutions, as well as within any identified national markets
- Work to build and maintain relationships with key policy makers, and to find engagement opportunities with business, civil society entities and other third party organisations
- Provide timely updates to colleagues from the Cloudflare Public Policy, Legal, Trust & Safety Teams and other internal stakeholders.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- University degree
- Language skills, with French, German or/and Portuguese being an advantage
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working with European Institutions, national regulators and/or governments, and/or within a tech or telecoms company
- Good understanding of EU laws and regulations important to Cloudflare
- Fluency / an interest in technology
- Strong communications (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Team player, and a sense of humour
- Detail oriented, well organized and a sense of initiative
- The ability to manage multiple files and engage with multiple teams within Cloudflare
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Back to top