Head of Corporate Marketing
- San Francisco, CA
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What you'll do
The Head of Corporate Marketing will be responsible for leading all corporate marketing initiatives, programs and projects for one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing global cloud networks. You will apply your deep experience, knowledge, and understanding of the Internet ecosystem and technical audiences to enable the entire Cloudflare organization to effectively communicate Cloudflare’s role in helping build a better Internet. This role will be responsible for overseeing Cloudflare’s overall brand strategy, strategic events, creative/design strategy, and other corporate marketing activities and programs. As a senior strategic marketing leader, you’ll hire and develop a growing and talented team, while also partnering closely with other leaders and stakeholders across Cloudflare to help create rich content, campaigns, events, and experiences that effectively communicate the value of Cloudflare to all audiences. This role is a highly visible leadership role within the Cloudflare organization which will have a significant impact on the long-term growth of the fast-growing Cloudflare business.
- Lead the brand strategy, advertising, creative, events, and other corporate marketing activities and teams
- Guide the strategy and lead the execution of all major large-scale corporate marketing-led initiatives, projects, and programs
- Oversee efforts to develop and evangelize a scalable framework that helps the organization effectively and consistently articulate the core positioning of the Cloudflare brand to a large and fast-growing global customer base and other key constituency groups
- Develop framework, hierarchy and branding strategies for existing and new products and offerings
- Help drive significant increases in overall global awareness of the Cloudflare brand among target audiences through brand building activities, events, campaigns, and other corporate programs and activities
- Grow a team that is focused on the customer experience strategy and execution of large-scale corporate events and programs
- Collaborate with other cross-functional teams to help produce content that effectively communicates and elevates the Cloudflare’s brand in a consistent and accessible way.
- Excellent collaboration skills and organizational savvy, excelling at both high-level thinking & execution as well as influence and inspire others to achieve a common goal.
- Allocate resources and budget to efficiently maximize business outcomes
Examples of skills knowledge and experience
- 12+ years of experience leading corporate marketing at a fast-growing, high profile organization(s)
- 6+ years experience managing a high-performing team across multiple functions and disciplines
- Significant experience in B2B technology marketing with a keen understanding of the Internet ecosystem and technical audiences (experience in cybersecurity or Internet-related SaaS business is highly preferred)
- Deep expertise in brand strategy, management, positioning, and messaging
- Experience in developing, executing, and measuring the impact of multi-channel brand advertising campaigns
- Proven ability to design and execute large-scale corporate marketing initiatives, including corporate events
- Ability to effectively influence both internal and external stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience with creative and brand agencies, budgets, and negotiating contracts
- BS/BA degree in Marketing, Business, or related field (MBA highly preferred)
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Back to top