- Austin, TX
About the role
The Growth Hacker will be responsible for owning, defining, and leading growth strategies for free and pay-as-you-go users of Cloudflare’s global cloud platform. You will apply your deep experience in growth strategy, experimentation, funnel optimization, performance marketing, and product positioning to help drive millions of free customers and tens of thousands of paying customers to experience Cloudflare’s offerings. As a data-driven, highly analytical, and effective cross-functional leader, you’ll be responsible for the strategy and execution of user growth initiatives focused on acquisition, engagement, retention, and growth. You will also influence Cloudflare’s broader strategy for how we build products, online experiences, and price/position our pay-as-you-go offerings for individuals and businesses of all sizes. This is a highly visible role within the greater Cloudflare organization responsible for setting and executing on the strategy of user growth in cooperation with leaders and teams across the organization.
What you'll do
- Own, define, and lead strategies for growing the base of free and pay-as-you-go users of Cloudflare’s global cloud platform
- Align and coordinate dedicated resources across Marketing, Product, and Data teams to execute on the strategies to drive increased acquisition, engagement, retention, and growth of free and pay-as-you-go customers
- Recommend new and user-friendly product, pricing, and packaging/bundling strategies that improve the user experience and help drive user growth targets
- Drive an aggressive experimentation approach to unlock value and accelerate user growth
- Define new approaches to measuring the effectiveness of all user growth initiatives and key business drivers, in partnership with finance, data, and business intelligence teams
- Provide day-to-day, organizational-wide visibility into ongoing performance dashboards and metrics
- Help continually refine the different user profiles and personas of free and pay-as-you-go users through user research
- Create broad visibility into learnings and impact; develop organization-wide understanding of and enthusiasm for the strategic impact the free and pay-as-you-go offerings have on the Cloudflare business
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge, and experience
- 8+ years of experience leading online businesses, growth strategy, demand generation, or related experience for a large-scale online, E-commerce, or SaaS business
- 3+ years of experience leading and managing teams, including cross-functional teams with both direct and dotted-line reporting relationships
- Possess expert-level knowledge on the key drivers of online user growth at massive, Internet scale
- Significant experience in B2B technology space with a keen understanding of the Internet ecosystem and technical audiences (experience in cybersecurity or other network/performance industries is highly preferred)
- Highly analytical and data driven; able to personally dive deep into performance data to understand trends, variances, opportunities and threats
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver simple and actionable analysis
- Ability to effectively influence both internal and external stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Experience engaging with Product teams to help define product, pricing, and packaging requirements for online users
- BS/BA degree in Marketing/Business/Economics or a BS in a technically-oriented field: Computer Science/Engineering, Statistics, etc. (MBA is highly preferred)
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
18.104.22.168: We released 22.214.171.124 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Back to top