DevTools Systems Engineer
- Austin, TX
About the Role
We are looking for a systems engineer to join our DevTools team; an energetic team focused on improving developer velocity through tooling and automation.
You will work on a range of tools, infrastructure and services - new and existing - with an aim to elegantly and efficiently solve problems and deliver practical, maintainable and scalable solutions.
Reliability, performance and developer experience (DX) are critical factors to our CI/CD pipeline which you will help monitor, operate, and improve/optimize.
Our tech stack includes modern DevOps tooling like Docker, Kubernetes, Salt, Go (golang), Python, PostgreSQL, Kafka, and the usual Unix/Linux tools and workflows.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years professional experience as a Software Developer/Engineer
- Knowledge of two or more mainstream programming languages (Go, C/C++, Python, PHP)
- Highly proficient with modern Unix/Linux operating systems/distributions
- Experience with CI/CD, containers and/or virtualization, web servers, and databases
- Professional experience as a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
- Experience defining SLOs/SLIs and implementing monitoring, alerting, and runbooks
- Demonstrable experience with high-quality technical writing
- Experience managing internal and/or external customer requirements and expectations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a bias towards action
Back to top