Data Scientist - Domain Intelligence & Client Security
- Austin, TX
About the department and role
Our team is responsible for originating and processing data about security threats that affect customers of Cloudflare for Teams. We’re building a suite of tools that will pull together large streams of data to generate security insights, while preserving the privacy and confidentiality of the users and customers.
We’re modeling our team based on small, high-performing teams in search, quantitative finance and other fields. You will bring your experience to a team that integrates knowledge in software engineering, DevOps, machine learning and cybersecurity. You will be learning by doing, exchanging knowledge of these functional skills with your teammates.
Product Strategy is where new, bold, products are built and released within Cloudflare. Rather than being constrained by the structures which make Cloudflare a massively successful business, we are able to leverage them to deliver entirely new tools and products to our customers. Cloudflare’s network makes it possible to solve problems at massive scale and efficiency which would be impossible for almost any other organization.
What you’ll do
- Be the team’s specialist in using data science and machine learning to identify and block security threats
- Help define and refine the questions the team wants to answer
- Figure out where to get the data we need to investigate and prototype
- Work on all phases of the project life cycle: definition, investigation, implementation, deployment and operations
- Spend the majority of each day in focused concentration, working toward completing high-impact projects
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- At least 4 years of experience in a data science or quantitative-analysis focused role
- Track record of solving ambiguous problems with unlabeled data in a fast-moving, innovative environment
- Experience building solutions using anomaly detection, unsupervised learning, and NLP techniques
- Experience working end-to-end on solutions, from investigation to production
- Experience programming in Python, Go, Rust or C++
- Strong software engineering skills
- Passion and curiosity for the Internet and all its technical details
- Interest or experience in security and threat intelligence
Back to top