Data Scientist (Business Intelligence team)
- Lisbon, Portugal
About the department
Cloudflare is looking to grow our Business Intelligence team responsible for enabling various product and business teams such as Marketing, Sales, Finance, Customer Support, Infrastructure and Product Development teams with data and analytics. Our team currently has Data Engineers, Data Analysts, and Data Scientists and we are looking to add a data scientist in Lisbon, Portugal to scale our data platform. This will be a founding member of the data team in our Lisbon office.
What you'll do
- Use data to tell meaningful stories about our business to drive customer satisfaction, adoption and growth
- Understand business/product strategy and high-level roadmap and align analysis efforts to enable them with data insights and help achieve their strategic goals
- Ability to define and spot macro and micro levels trends with statistical significance on a regular basis and understand key drivers driving those trends
- Define, implement, and train statistical, machine learning, and deep learning models
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- M.S or Ph.D in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative fields
- Understand data landscape, i.e tooling, tech stack, source systems and work closely with the data engineers to improve the data collection and quality
- 2+ years of data scientist experience with proven industry experience in a large scale environment (PBs scale, globally distributed teams)
- Strong experience in scientific computing using Python, Scala, or equivalent
- Experience with Spark, SQL, Tableau, Google Analytics, Hive and BigQuery (or any other Big data/Cloud equivalent)
- Experience in defining, implementing, and training statistical, machine learning, and deep learning models
- Experience in using software engineering best practices to publish model scores/insights/learnings at scale within the company
- Proven ability to define and spot macro and micro levels trends with statistical significance on a regular basis and understand key drivers driving those trends
- Experience working with and processing structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data
- Proven track record of applying data insights and machine learning in order to address business needs and drive revenue
- Strong communication and presentation skills catered to different audiences within the company
- Capable of working closely with business, engineering, and product teams to ensure data initiatives are aligned with business needs
- Strong data analytical skills, taking initiative in deriving data insights and thread intelligence, and proposing models and solutions that can lead to quick and effective proof-of-concept (POC)
- Strong audience-focused presentation and storytelling skills focused on key takeaways in a crisp and concise manner
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Back to top