Data Center Security Compliance Manager
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Role
We are looking to hire a Data Center Security Compliance Manager. This role will be responsible for working with a wide range of compliance operational matters supporting Cloudflare’s growing global data center footprint.
At Cloudflare, security compliance is seen as an extremely important business function. Not only is it an incredibly important tool to give our customers confidence in our products, but it is also the pathway to a well-tuned, functional Information Security management system and program. We do not believe in tick-box security, for us compliance is a pathway to doing things right.
This will be a chance to work on real security problems in a billion dollar business. We guarantee that you won’t get bored. So it should come as no surprise why we need someone who thinks like a hacker too.
- Assist with several of Cloudflare’s major compliance programs from top to bottom
- Collaborate with senior compliance team members to establish and implement appropriate compliance processes around access control, physical security, media disposal, and vendor management.
- Work with internal auditors to achieve compliance within agreed timeframes
- Work with Internal teams to achieve and report annually on compliance
- Work to constantly improve our compliance position and status
- Work to integrate lessons from compliance into the business’s security program
- Work as part of the Information Security team on constantly improving security
- Work with internal teams on compliance/regulatory matters
- Have input into the overall compliance strategy around automated tools
- Help guide our overall security policy and architecture
- Help drive security awareness and compliance across the business
- Experience with working on compliance programs: should have been involved in seeing at least one program initiative through from start to finish.
- Familiarity with some of the listed Compliance Frameworks; PCI DSS, SOC 2, ISO 27001, ISO 27017, FedRAMP, and NIST 800-53
- Technical background, especially Information Security experience
- Direct experience executing on datacenter / infrastructure projects with many moving parts.
- Familiar with Security and Risk Management
- Project Management Experience
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- University degree or equivalent practical experience is required; MBA or graduate degree in a related field is a plus
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Back to top