Customer Success Program Manager, Voice of the Customer
- San Francisco, CA
About the department
The Customer Success (CS) Program Manager, Growth Programs reports into the CS Strategic Programs Leader, who is part of our Customer Success Team. Together, Customer Success Managers, Account Executives, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers, and Sales Operations - all working together to help our customers adopt Cloudflare and create great Internet-enabled experiences.
We believe that putting our people first, and fostering a creative, exciting, and stimulating environment is prerequisite to achieving and surpassing our commercial goals.
What you'll do
Cloudflare is looking for a CS Program Manager, Growth Programs to drive rapid, consistent, and scalable Customer Success initiatives and methods for executing the business goals of the global Customer Success Team. This is a senior level, individual contributor, who will lead global programs focused on effectively leveraging the full power of our Executive Team to elevate relationships with our top accounts.
As a CS Programs Manager you’ll help support our global CS team by building and executing strategic programs and driving our CS goals and objectives forward. Some of those programs could include our Executive Sponsorships program, Voice of the Customer program (working with product/eng team), reference program, Executive Briefing Center (EBC) program, our customer health initiatives focused on tracking and improving health scores, other customer engagement programs, and more. You will be a close partner to both CS leadership and our cross-functional teams, driving the end to end process from stakeholder alignment, prioritization, scoping, design, execution, establishing metrics to monitor as well as change management. Your programs will drive transparency, consistency, global scaling across all CS teams, resulting in better customer maturity, growth, value and health.
You will prioritize scaling the Cloudflare Executive Sponsorships Program, which is a targeted, strategic mechanism which pairs our most important customers with a Cloudflare executive in a peer-to-peer relationship. The Cloudflare Exec Sponsor works as part of the Account Team to advance strategic initiatives, promote partnership, act as an escalation point and drive joint advocacy. You will play a critical role providing significant expertise and high judgment to automate the program, distill diverse stakeholder inputs and translate these insights into program strategy that can help establish the vision and help design the right long-term solution for program evolution. As part of the program design, you will determine where resources are best applied and create scalable mechanisms and best practices by educating key stakeholder groups.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Provide strategic leadership of the Executive Sponsorship Program. Consolidate stand alone programs and collaborate with other core program teams that leverage Executives, ensuring efficiency and clarity internally and with our customers.
- Make strategic recommendations on how the program should evolve, work alongside and educate key field stakeholders, scale and continuously improve and drive recommendations to ensure this program is focused on the right accounts.
- Develop and deliver change management planning in support of new processes and frameworks.
- Inspire critical connections by providing informed Executive Sponsor assignment recommendations that results in long-term strategic engagements.
- Develop and deliver training as well as other key assets for program participants.
- Share guidance, best practices and Executive Sponsor impact stories that inspire customer success.
- Monitor quality of key program deliverables (i.e. Account Plans, Relationship Maps, Customer Company Strategy/2021 plan, and Executive Briefings) and provide feedback that drives improvement.
- Deliver monthly program analytics and success metrics to Leadership, and program participants.
- Gather valuable feedback from Executives and Account Teams that drives continuous improvement of overall engagement and program.
- Work with CS leaders and CSMs to build and scale programs that automate key areas of CSM customer and internal workflows that are ever evolving as our business grows.
- Build, track, and execute net new programs that are top of mind and strategic to business growth in a particular period.
- Understand and demonstrate your ability to successfully launch programs at scale, with minimal hands-on guidance, that serve both our growing CS team as well as large global customer-base.
- Coordinate and collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams and stakeholders to drive programs forward (e.g. Customer Advisory Board program) and to ensure initiatives are prioritized within the cross-functional organizations -- including product, marketing, engineering, customer experience, sales, enablement, marketing, operations, and more.
- Very strong program management skills who can identify and solve problems quickly with minimal management guidance
- Leadership skills that help you lead the program without help or support from other members of the team
- Ability to manage several competing priorities and stakeholders
- Ability to engage up and down the organization (including SVP+) with confidence and poise, gravitas.
- Highly organized and self-motivated to create and execute on new programs
- Team player who can take on programs in various stages of completion and run
- Comfort in ambiguity of changing priorities and flexibility to new ideas within a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and craftsmanship, with a knack for prioritization and scoping
- Curiosity about how things work, with the ability to anticipate problems or spot areas for improvements.
- Experience building trusted advisor relationships with senior management
- Possesses exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills, and able explain your work clearly and concisely to stakeholders
Required Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience (5-8 years) working on customer success programs working in similar capacity within CS teams.
- Proven track record of leading strategy for a global program and working with account teams and senior services leads.
- Proven track record of working across global stakeholders and making strategic recommendations to evolve high-profile, high-impact programs.
- Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills with ability to present to different audiences (Executives, Sales, and Customer Success).
- Must be highly organized and possess exceptional time management skills, with the ability to effectively juggle multiple projects and deadlines
- Sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Back to top