Compensation and Benefits Advisor, Europe
- Lisbon, Portugal
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
Cloudflare is looking for a highly skilled Compensation and Benefits Advisor to join our global Total Rewards team. Reporting to the Global Head of Total Rewards, you will serve as a subject matter expert in the area of Compensation and Benefits for our EMEA region, including the UK, France, Belgium, Germany and Portugal.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with People Business Partners, the Recruiting team and managers regarding compensation-related decisions (compensation-related business problems, job offers to external candidates, internal transfers, promotions, etc.) to ensure fair and equitable application of compensation policies and guidelines.
- Conduct job benchmarking and market analysis evaluations to determine appropriate salary grades and job levels.
- Partner with HRIS team to use Workday for compensation planning and pay and benefits administration
- Prepare input materials for compensation surveys, and conduct market analyses
- Participate and contribute on wider people based projects in relation to pay, reward, recognition and/or compensation.
- Share knowledge with peers across the HR and other functions as required regarding relevant reward, benefit and compensation practices.
- Provide day-to-day support for group benefits programs such as health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, workers comp, travel and accident, retirement and other plans
- Manage enrollments and determine employee eligibility
- Answer employee questions about benefit plans and processes, in collaboration with our people operations team
- Complete audits of benefits plans for accuracy
- Participate in monthly wellness meetings and setting initiatives
- Ensure timely payment of monthly premiums by processing benefit reconciliations
- Assist with coordination of leaves of absence and process claims or requests (medical operations, worker’s compensation etc.)
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive, combined compensation and benefits experience in a multi-country or global environment with multi-national employers.Excellent analytical skills and the ability to apply those skills to align with the critical priorities of the business.
- Results-driven professional with sound business acumen, consulting skills, and the ability to quickly assess situations, identify gaps and possible solutions
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, with the ability to navigate across business units in a large organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present and discuss complex information to a diverse audience in a way that persuades others and enhances understanding.
- Strong ability to partner, build, and sustain positive working relationships with different internal and external groups and stakeholders.
- Sound knowledge of compensation administration practices, job evaluation techniques, salary surveys, related regulations and data interpretation.
- Sound working knowledge of compensation and benefits regulations, market trends, and program design.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong working knowledge of HR systems (i. e. Workday)
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Back to top