Commercial Network Infrastructure - Business Partner
- Austin, TX
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
The Business Developer within the Infrastructure team is responsible for building, maintaining and improving our inventory of network services as well as leading external negotiations for new and renewal of services.
What you'll do
- Identify and organize teams and stakeholders responsible for Sourcing Strategies
- Develop and execute complex negotiations to deliver high value agreements with strategic suppliers globally, increasing scale and throughput
- Build industry and community engagement to deepen perspective on supplier capabilities, market rates and future looking synergies
- Become a trusted advisor to the business through the analysis of data, sharing of report findings and the delivery of sourcing recommendations
- Manage and track supplier relationships, contracts, inventory and utilization to ensure optimal levels are achieved
- Lead strategic sourcing initiatives, including RFI/RFP processes
- Develop and track cost savings initiatives
- Identify metrics, tools, and processes to optimize sourcing activities and efficiencies and work collaboratively with team members to prioritize and drive implementation
- Total Cost of Ownership modeling and analysis
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience with internet network and/or data center infrastructure
- Understanding of project management and agile development methods is a plus
- University degree or equivalent practical experience is required; MBA or graduate degree in a related field is a plus
- 3+ plus years of experience leading large projects, infrastructure procurement, supply chain management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business financial and problem solving ability
- Able to provide vision and planning in cross functional team environment
- Excellent knowledge of Strategic Sourcing, Contract and Vendor Management
- Proven track record of high performance and execution
- Ability to influence change and work with ambiguity
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Back to top