Channel Sales Manager – Japan
- Tokyo, Japan
About the Department
Account Executives, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers, Customer Success, and Sales Operations - all working together help our customers adopt Cloudflare and create great Internet-enabled experiences.
The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.
About The Role
We are looking for amazing people to join our rapidly growing Asia Pacific sales team.
Based in Tokyo, and reporting to the Head of Sales, APAC you will be responsible for identifying, recruiting, enabling, and managing existing and new sales partners (Value Added Resellers, Systems Integrators, Managed Service Providers etc) in Japan .
You will work alongside our Account Executive team, Team Leads, Marketing, Solutions Engineers, Customer Success Managers, Sales Operations and other relevant cross functional teams to ensure that Cloudflare partners are properly enabled and managed and to ensure they are excited to sell our products/services.
You will be expected to travel as required. The ideal candidate will have an existing solid network of potential partner contacts in Japan market – we are talking about the decision makers and people within partner organisations that can make things happen.
The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to drive engagement with junior through senior levels within Cloudflare’s target and existing partners.
Key Accountability: Achieve and exceed sales goals with channel partners in assigned territory - Japan.
- Partner Recruitment: Identify, recruit, enable and manage partners within Japan markets
- Business Planning: Develop and implement quarterly and yearly business plans with partners
- Marketing: Drive co-marketing opportunities with partners
- Relationship Development: Develop strong relationships with partner sales team(s) as well as Key Decision Makers and Influencers
- Partner Training/Enablement: Work with relevant Cloudflare functions to provide
- New partner training
- Ongoing/training & support
- Manage SPIFF’s & other incentives
- Manage partner deal registration process including partner forecasting
- Ensure partner/customer satisfaction
- Bachelors degree required.
- 3+ years in a similar role working with partners in Japan
- In-depth network of decision makers/key influencers within Cloudflare target partner ecosystem in Japan
- Experience selling network security or CDN
- Experience selling to enterprise accounts
- Technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus
- Basic understanding of computer networking and “how the internet works”
- Strong presentation and interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written) as well as organizational skills
- Fluency in Japanese.
Term of employment - Indefinite
Probation period - 6 months
Place of employment - 3-1-6 Motoazabu, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan, 106-0046
Working hours - 9am to 6pm
Rest period - Noon to 1pm
Holidays - Saturday, Sunday and National Holidays
Overtime - Overtime work may be required
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Back to top