Associate Customer Success Manager
- London, United Kingdom
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
Customer Success Managers, Account Executives, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers, and Sales Operations - all working together help our customers adopt Cloudflare and create great Internet-enabled experiences.
The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.
About your role
You will be responsible for ensuring the success of Cloudflare’s Enterprise customers and managing their post-sale experience. You will act as the primary point of contact for Cloudflare customers and will be "the face of the business." You will own your book of business and will be responsible for delivering results on KPIs including revenue retention.
You will meet with customers regularly to communicate Cloudflare's value; these conversations may happen in-person or via phone / video conference. Cloudflare delivers cutting-edge products and services, iterates quickly, and changes direction frequently. You will maintain a deep understanding of Cloudflare's solutions so that you can lead value-added customer conversations, understand customer's needs, and communicate these needs back to internal teams.
You will act as an internal escalation point for customer requests including: technical questions, contract questions, and other account-related questions.
You will advocate for customers internally and balance the needs of the customer with the business needs of Cloudflare.
To succeed you will need to:
- Build strong relationships with customers (primarily via remote conversations)
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders
- Manage a complex book of business with many tasks and competing priorities
- Manage your time effectively to ensure that you are working on high priority items
- Have poise and executive presence, and be comfortable presenting to C-level executives
- Demonstrate a high degree of empathy for customer requests
- Escalate effectively with internal teams
- This role is based in Cloudflare's EMEA Headquarters in London
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- 3+ years of direct functional experience:
- In Customer Success, Account Management, or other post-sales customer-facing role
- With territory ownership, portfolio management, and account planning
- Serving with Enterprise customers
- Working in a B2B Enterprise SaaS businesses
- Experience in networking, security, and / or edge computation & storage is a plus
- Must be extremely well organized and able to prioritize, multi-task, problem solve, and perform under pressure
- Must have strong phone, web, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have experience with face-to-face meetings and problem solving with customers
- Must have experience with customer negotiations and handling difficult customer conversations
- Must demonstrate empathy for internal and external stakeholders and have a high EQ
- Must be curious and a self-starter
- Must have a demonstrated ability to learn on the job and come up to speed quickly
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; Master's degree is a plus
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
188.8.131.52: We released 184.108.40.206 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Back to top