Account Manager - Renewal and Expansion Sales (Japanese Speaking)
About the Role
The Expansion Account Manager role is the specialization area of our sales organization that focuses on growing customer wallet share within the Cloudflare customer base by identifying, qualifying, and closing expansion opportunities. Reporting to the Head of Sales, APAC & Japan, you will conduct regular business reviews with Cloudflare customers in your assigned territories on optimization recommendations and new product offerings. You will work closely with cross-functional teams such as Customer Success and Solutions Engineering to ensure customers are experiencing excellent product outcomes. The ideal candidate will possess both an account management and technical background, to drive engagement with decision-makers and influencers within network & security operations, development and technical infrastructure teams.
- Expansion sales into existing accounts within assigned territories, with strong forecast and funnel management process
- Deliver regular outbound campaigns on new product updates, partnering with Customer Success and Solutions Engineering resources
- Conduct data driven conversations to cultivate new product pipeline and upsell opportunities
- Deliver commercial outcomes by running a consistent sales process and setting next step expectations and contract negotiations with customers
- Understand customer use-cases and how they pair with Cloudflare’s portfolio solutions in order to identify new cross-sale opportunities
- Evaluate core usage trends and articulate value to show Cloudflare impact and provide strategic recommendations during business reviews
- Network across different business units with each of your accounts, and multi-thread to identify and engage new divisional buyers,
- Operate internally as a liaison with cross-functional teams to share key customer feedback and insights to improve customer experience and further investments with Cloudflare
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-4 years+ managing and growing a portfolio of relationships with enterprise buyers in North Asia.
- Basic understanding of computer networking and “how the internet works”
- Aptitude for learning technical concepts/terms (Technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus)
- Prior pipeline generation and closing sales experience in strategic selling to the enterprise.
- Managing a full sales process from demand to close for install base of customers
- Building strong, trusting relationships with customers and internal stakeholders
- Proven track record of performance (top 10-20% of company) in past sales positions
- Self-motivated, Analytical, and Entrepreneurial spirit with hunter sales capabilities
- Comfortable working in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Fluency in Japanese is a must
- Travel < 30% within assigned territories
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Back to top