Equity Research Intern - Summer 2017
Have immediate impact. - - Be passionate about what you do. - - Grow with us.
If you are interested in equity and market research within an environment that fosters teamwork and excellence, Cleveland Research could be the place for you!
As an intern, you will work on one of our Research teams, covering publicly traded companies within one of our Four sectors – consumer, healthcare, industrial, or technology. Responsibilities include:
- Becoming an expert on your industries and covered companies
- Developing and maintaining relationships with industry sources
- Attending industry events to gain an in depth understanding of sector and covered companies
- Gathering and analyzing proprietary market research
- Compiling and analyzing macroeconomic and industry data
- Interacting and sharing conviction with our internal sales force
- Assisting in the production of written reports to be distributed to our institutional money manager clients and sources
In addition to working on one of our research teams, the intern experience will include:
- An independent project for one of our hedge fund clients
- Weekly group discussions with the President
- Visit to the NYSE and client meeting shadow day with one of our Senior Analysts
- Mock portfolio competition
- Comprehensive training program including weekly mentor interactions, classroom style sessions and job shadow experiences
The intern position is uniquely designed to give students a comprehensive understanding of the role as an Analyst as well as the other aspects of Cleveland Research’s business. During your time at Cleveland Research we give you the opportunity to have a real impact on your team and the firm. We also are evaluating you for future career opportunities.
- Currently enrolled in a graduate or an undergraduate business degree program (juniors/seniors preferred)
- Strong work ethic and interest in learning the equity research industry
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Ability to master complex tasks and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Outstanding time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong computer skills
Benefits: Competitive salary, furnished housing, a comprehensive training and development program, as well as a variety of other perks and benefits.
Have an immediate impact while you spend twelve weeks with us this summer as one of our interns! We will give you the opportunity to learn from our analysts, experience “real life” challenges with your team & the firm while learning all about CRC and evaluating whether you could see yourself building a career with us in the equity research business.
There are two primary components of the internship program. First, you will become a member of a research team, where you will become an integral part of the entire research process – from the channel research itself, to compiling the written product, drawing conclusions, applying conclusions to financial models, formulating stock calls, communicating to our internal sales force and our clients.
Second, you will complete an independent project for one of our hedge fund clients. You will have the opportunity to work directly with the Portfolio Manager and Analysts at one of our accounts on a special interest project outside of CRC’s core coverage. Utilize the broad skill set you will learn over the summer to develop channel research, draw conclusions, create deliverables, and communicate your conclusions directly to our clients. Our client utilizes your work to begin, build, or liquidate positions.
Other aspects of the program include: Daily firm wide morning meeting, weekly analytical group discussions with the President, mock portfolio competition, meeting shadow day in NYC, classroom style training sessions, on the job shadow experiences, mentor program, annual corn-hole tournament & picnic, various other social events
Frequently Asked Questions:
Typical Day: Every day at CRC is dynamic. We have a meeting to review the research for the day each morning beginning at 7:30am. Each intern has autonomy to schedule their time, most days, time is fairly evenly split between equity research team projects, and the client project. Interns typically work until 5:30 or 6:00pm, with the exception of Fridays, where our office closes at 3:00pm during the summer.
Cleveland, OH: Cleveland Research provides fully furnished housing downtown, walking distance from the office. The interns have many opportunities to experience the city throughout the summer – sports, restaurants, golf, bike trails, Lake Erie, theater, concerts, Westside Market, and other special events.
Performance Measurements: Performance is measured relative to goals and objectives set at the beginning of the summer. There is a formal review mid-summer and at the end of the program. You will receive real-time feedback on your performance throughout the summer. Think of the internship as a twelve week interview; we do award full-time job offers and secondary internships at the end of the program
Culture at CRC: Fun, Unique, Passionate, Hardworking, Relational, Entrepreneurial are words our prior interns have used to describe us.
Research Team: Typically covers 10-15 companies within one of our five sectors – Consumer, Energy, Healthcare, Industrial, or Technology. Teams support our financial clients (hedge & mutual funds) and our Market Research customers. Teams are selected to participate in the program based on firm-wide priorities. Teams and interns are paired randomly.
GET TO KNOW US: https://www.themuse.com/companies/clevelandresearchcompany
Back to top