Data Analyst Intern - Fall 2017
DATA ANALYST INTERN
Have immediate impact. - - Be passionate about what you do. - - Grow with us!
If you are interested in Equity and Market research within an environment that fosters teamwork and excellence, CRC could be the place for you!
Cleveland Research Company is an independent research firm, owned by its founders and employees, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio. We pride ourselves on a disciplined research process that has us regularly engaged with the channels, industries and companies we cover. We are mainly focused on uncovering fundamental business inflection points via rigorous digging in the channel that serve as a foundation for our company and industry forecasts. Our clients (Branded manufacturers, Food manufacturers, Hedge Funds, and Mutual Funds) find value from getting in front of key themes and trends that lead to faster and better strategic and financial decisions. We are committed to a singular focus on providing the most accurate and reliable research product in the market.
The Data Analyst Intern will play a role in strengthening CRC’s quantitative research product and assist in analyzing proprietary datasets for predictive value.
This role is key to unlocking the value from all of the proprietary data collected by CRC every day. This individual will work closely with the Quant Team and other Research Teams to deeply understand each proprietary dataset, develop statistical models, test trading strategies and establish a data framework for the Quant Product going forward.
- Transforming complex datasets into pragmatic, actionable insights
- Developing statistical analyses and model algorithms and applying these for data driven solutions to problems in the financial domain
- Supporting transformation processes toward a data-centric culture
- Other duties as assigned to strengthen the quantitative research product
The intern experience will include:
- Analyzing proprietary data series for predictive value on stock returns using Python, R, SAS or another similar programming language
- Collaborating with research teams to understand proprietary data series and develop models for predictive analysis
- Performing independent validation of analytical models, including assessment of conceptual soundness of models, proper application of statistical theories, evaluation of data and assumptions, and performing outcomes analysis (e.g. back-testing and benchmarking)
- Cleaning, transforming and aggregating disparate datasets for workable analysis
- Communicating results and ideas from complex analytical results in an easy to understand way to key decision makers
This internship gives the opportunity to do work that has a real impact. We will also evaluate the intern for future career opportunities.
- Education — Graduate or undergraduate degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics or other related quantitative fields, or currently pursuing such a degree
- Experience — practical experience with structured and unstructured datasets and advanced statistical and/or predictive analysis, ideally within the realm of Financial Services
- Skills – demonstrated skills in applying techniques from statistics, econometrics, time series analysis and/or forecasting to data sets – ideally financial datasets
- Computer Programming skills — proficiency and practical experience with at least one programming language for data analysis (e.g. Python, R, SAS, etc.)
- Familiarity with database principles, with a working knowledge of SQL a plus
- Location — Cleveland, Ohio
Benefits: Competitive pay, other perks.
Meet Some of Cleveland Research Company's Employees
Director, Foodservice Council
Ross oversees Cleveland Research Company’s Foodservice Council—a market research platform serving companies that compete in and supply the restaurant industry.
Back to top