ClearSlide is the leading Platform for Sales and Marketing Success. ClearSlide brings digital content, customer communications (phone, email, web conferences & face-to-face), and engagement insights together into a unified platform that enables sales people to sell better, helps marketers create more engaging content, and enables sales & marketing leaders to predictably improve their go to market. ClearSlide provides an easy-to-use, unified solution, which replaces cumbersome systems like WebEx and e-mail attachments. ClearSlide serves thousands of customers, including Rackspace, Thomson Reuters, Comcast, SurveyMonkey, LinkedIn, and many more.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work closely with our engineering team to improve the reliability and performance of our SaaS platform. We're looking for a skilled engineer to use their UNIX/Linux and Windows systems knowledge and systems administration background to help keep our systems healthy, monitored, and designed to scale. The candidate should be passionate about solving problems from the network level all the way through the application stack, with an eye to automating solutions to recurring issues. This is an exciting chance to hone and expand an already impressive skills set. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly assess, analyze, and resolve site incidents in a fast-paced environment. Having spent time as a developer or primarily an application-focused DevOps engineer is a plus. The position is based in ClearSlide’s San Francisco office.
- Contribute to a team responsible for the availability, scalability, and performance of our enterprise SaaS platform
- Build and maintain automation systems to help us manage our rapidly growing infrastructure
- Gain deep knowledge of our complex applications to develop a bird's eye view of our platform
- Assist our Software Engineering teams to ensure proper monitoring and metrics are being built into the applications
- Maintain and develop custom systems and tools to improve our ability to deploy, automate, and effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale mostly Linux environment
- Assist in the rollout and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid iteration and constant growth
- Gain and use knowledge of monitoring systems and configuration management systems (AWS-specific tools, Terraform, Chef, Nagios, etc)
- Troubleshoot issues across the whole stack - hardware, software, applications and network
- Document current and future configuration processes and policies
- 6+ years experience managing Unix/Linux infrastructure
- Prior experience in an Internet-facing technical operations role with high uptime requirements
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work with Cloud architectures (we are primarily an AWS shop)
- Strong personal and professional initiative with a focus on the success of the team and organization
- Self-starter who is able to take ownership of technical issues and be a productive member in the on-call rotation and certain off-hours shifts
- Strong troubleshooting skills that span systems, network, and applications
- Experience with web-based Java/J2EE architectures
- Strong scripting ability in Bash, Ruby, Perl and/or Python
ClearSlide empowers sales teams to engage customers and close more business. ClearSlide improves customer-facing interactions and provides real-time visibility and analytics for both sellers and sales leaders. ClearSlide is funded by top Silicon Valley investors including Greylock Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Social+Capital Partnership and Felicis Ventures.
* Founded in 2009; Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in NY and Seattle
* Ranked #3 in Selling Power Magazine’s “Top 50 Companies to Sell For”
* Distinguished as a “Cool Vendor” by Gartner, Inc., along with companies Gartner considers to be “Innovative, impactful and intriguing”
* Recipient of the 2015 Timmy Award for San Francisco's “Best Small Company Technology Work Culture,” hosted by Tech In Motion
* Named “Leader in Sales Communications Products for 2015” by Aragon Research
ClearSlide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.