Are you interested in joining one of the fastest-growing cloud software companies in the world and playing an integral role in helping scale it at warp speed? Do you want to work with an amazing group of peers who’ll inspire you in new ways every day? Are you passionate about making a difference in this world, while having a great time doing it?
If so, ClearSlide could be for you.
ClearSlide’s leading Sales Engagement Platform delivers content, communications and insights in a single, open, integrated platform to make every customer interaction successful. ClearSlide helps customers around the world improve seller productivity, increase sales management effectiveness, and maximize content ROI.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work closely with our engineering team to improve the reliability and performance of our SaaS platform. We're looking for a skilled engineer to use their UNIX/Linux and Windows systems knowledge and systems administration background to help keep our systems healthy, monitored, and designed to scale. The candidate should be passionate about solving problems from the network level all the way through the application stack, with an eye to automating solutions to recurring issues. This is an exciting chance to hone and expand an already impressive skills set. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly assess, analyze, and resolve site incidents in a fast-paced environment. Having spent time as a developer or primarily an application-focused DevOps engineer is a plus. The position is based in ClearSlide’s San Francisco office.
- Contribute to a team responsible for the availability, scalability, and performance of our enterprise SaaS platform
- Build and maintain automation systems to help us manage our rapidly growing infrastructure
- Gain deep knowledge of our complex applications to develop a bird's eye view of our platform
- Assist our Software Engineering teams to ensure proper monitoring and metrics are being built into the applications
- Maintain and develop custom systems and tools to improve our ability to deploy, automate, and effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale mostly Linux environment
- Assist in the rollout and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid iteration and constant growth
- Gain and use knowledge of monitoring systems and configuration management systems (AWS-specific tools, Terraform, Chef, Nagios, etc)
- Troubleshoot issues across the whole stack - hardware, software, applications and network
- Document current and future configuration processes and policies
- 6+ years experience managing Unix/Linux infrastructure
- Prior experience in an Internet-facing technical operations role with high uptime requirements
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work with Cloud architectures (we are primarily an AWS shop)
- Strong personal and professional initiative with a focus on the success of the team and organization
- Self-starter who is able to take ownership of technical issues and be a productive member in the on-call rotation and certain off-hours shifts
- Strong troubleshooting skills that span systems, network, and applications
- Experience with web-based Java/J2EE architectures
- Strong scripting ability in Bash, Ruby, Perl and/or Python
If you have the characteristics outlined above and are interested in exploring opportunities at ClearSlide, we’d love to talk with you!
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, ClearSlide serves thousands of customers including Comcast, Expedia, Aflac, Bloomberg, Cigna, Autodesk, Medtronic, Xerox, and Verizon.
ClearSlide is funded by top Silicon Valley investors, including Greylock Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Social+Capital Partnership and Felicis Ventures.
ClearSlide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status