ClearSlide is the leading Platform for Sales and Marketing Success. ClearSlide brings digital content, customer communications (phone, email, web conferences & face-to-face), and engagement insights together into a unified platform that enables sales people to sell better, helps marketers create more engaging content, and enables sales & marketing leaders to predictably improve their go to market. ClearSlide provides an easy-to-use, unified solution, which replaces cumbersome systems like WebEx and e-mail attachments. ClearSlide serves thousands of customers, including Rackspace, Thomson Reuters, Comcast, SurveyMonkey, LinkedIn, and many more.
The Senior Software Engineer, DevOps will be a key member of our core infrastructure (software + systems) development team. This role involves building out software and systems that enable our engineering teams to iterate at high speed - “autonomous scrum teams” is the key goal here. To be successful in this role, you will have a good understanding building and deploying (practical production experience) high-traffic and scalable SaaS applications/platforms. You are a highly skilled, passionate, and ambitious engineer with a great attitude and desire to create and maintain a highly scalable, fault-tolerant, and high performing distributed architecture.
- Primarily responsible for development of back-end services including frameworks (for deployment), new services, and upgrades
- Responsible for definition, design, development, and support of services that will be integrated into our existing architecture
- Influence / lead projects and technical direction of the back-end architecture with regards to performance and scalability
- Work directly with Operations and Quality Engineering to develop, test, deploy, and monitor these new services
- 8+ years building highly scalable server-side applications or platforms at a SaaS or web application company
- Deep knowledge of Amazon Web Services eco-system
- Strong knowledge of Java/Ruby - comfortable in building concurrent and distributed services/platforms in Java/Ruby
- Experience writing high performing, scalable, and fault-tolerant systems
- Experience with building applications on top of relational databases like MySQL or Postgres
- Experience with micro-services based architectures
- Ability to write high quality code quickly
- Ability to analyze large amounts of monitoring data to root-cause functional and performance issues
- Ability to work independently and manage deliverables with competing priorities across different organizations.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
HUGE PLUS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience working and building applications using AWS services and components (e.g. SQS, Redshift, DynamoDB, etc.) and automation tools like Terraform, Cloudformation, or Chef/Puppet.
- Strong understanding of JVM internals and garbage collection algorithms
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking and experience diagnosing network performance issues in distributed systems
ClearSlide empowers sales teams to engage customers and close more business. ClearSlide improves customer-facing interactions and provides real-time visibility and analytics for both sellers and sales leaders. ClearSlide is funded by top Silicon Valley investors including Greylock Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Social+Capital Partnership and Felicis Ventures.
* Founded in 2009; Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in NY and Seattle
* Ranked #3 in Selling Power Magazine’s “Top 50 Companies to Sell For”
* Distinguished as a “Cool Vendor” by Gartner, Inc., along with companies Gartner considers to be “Innovative, impactful and intriguing”
* Recipient of the 2015 Timmy Award for San Francisco's “Best Small Company Technology Work Culture,” hosted by Tech In Motion
* Named “Leader in Sales Communications Products for 2015” by Aragon Research
ClearSlide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.