Team Lead - Social Brand Engagement
- Salt Lake City, UT
Social Team Lead, Brand Engagement
Social Experience (SocialX) | Clearlink, a SYKES Company
Note: JD is for programs focused on Brand Love (BL) engagements only ; no CS engagements
Clearlink, a SYKES Company, partners with the world’s leading brands to create strategic social experiences that attract, acquire, support, and develop brand advocates, while driving revenue and retention. We’ve partnered with a leader in the internet and telecommunications industry to help design and drive their social brand engagement initiatives to create the ultimate customer experience (CX), with a focus on brand love opportunities.
In support of this project, we’re looking for a Social Team Lead (TL) to guide and grow a best-in-class engagement team who can embrace the brand voice and tone and engage on behalf of our partner across the awareness, acquisition, and advocacy stages of the customer journey. This position reports to the Senior Director, Social Strategy - CX & Brand Engagement for the Social Experience practice in Clearlink’s Salt Lake City, UT office.
Note: teams are currently remote due to pandemic
- Manage and lead a team of Social Specialists and Senior Social Specialist(s) engaging on behalf of the brand, across brand awareness, acquisition, and advocacy stages of the customer journey.
- Ensure the client is accurately represented (along with respective products/services) in all areas of social media / digital communications as assigned to Clearlink team, in line with the brand guidelines, product knowledge, and training, as well as agreed-upon performance metrics, KPIs, and quality assurance framework.
- Oversee and assist Social Specialists and Senior Social Specialist(s) with monitoring, prioritizing, and responding to user posts and comments on behalf of the brand partner while adhering to engagement guidelines and escalation procedures.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews on team engagements to ensure responses align with brand guidelines (the latter in collaboration with Quality Lead for programs that include this role).
- Coach Social Specialists and Senior Social Specialist(s) in role requirements and help identify areas of passion or opportunities for growth.
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative data (in collaboration with Analyst Lead for programs that include this role) to identify areas for improving process efficiencies, resolving response issues, and/or maintaining a standard of excellence across the team.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide complete, accurate, and timely guidance and coaching for Social Specialists and Senior Social Specialist(s) to help them succeed in their role. This includes:
- Leveraging qualitative and quantitative data such as adherence to program expectations and brand guidelines.
- KPIs and quality assurance framework with ongoing consideration for adherence to brand partner social playbook (in collaboration with Quality Lead for programs that include this role).
- Serving as an example of Clearlink values and culture.
- Develop, oversee, and/or deliver feedback, briefs, and reports between brand partners and team related to engagement initiatives and performance, including participation in client calls and calibration sessions.
- Includes overseeing launches of GTM campaigns and similar special initiatives and/or events
- NOTE: Briefs and reports to brand partners may be more in collaboration with (vs. full ownership of) the Quality Lead and/or Analyst Lead for programs that include these roles.
- Ensure that escalations are processed in a timely manner, adhering to brand partner protocol while leveraging appropriate and necessary tools and processes.
- Includes documenting protocol for any new escalations for future reference
- Provide team training (including Social Specialist and Senior Social Specialist(s)) on brand partner social playbook, technology platforms, processes, protocol, and other best practices.
- Conduct and engage in huddles, brainstorming sessions, product and campaign briefings, and other relevant meetings with the social team, internal leadership, and/or brand partner to encourage knowledge sharing and drive optimal program results.
- Provide strategic recommendations for program optimizations to both internal leadership and/or brand partners, based on observations and insights gathered from Social Specialist and Senior Social Specialist(s) engagements, including both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Provide accurate and relevant feedback on processes, tools and any other emerging or persistent issues to internal leadership and/or brand partners.
- Document workflow processes and systems to promote standardization.
- Provide engagement and content ideas to internal leadership and/or brand partners, based on strategic observations, consumer behaviors, and industry/social trends; or, for programs with Senior Social Specialist(s) leading this initiative, provide insights and feedback on team proposals.
- Propose, develop, lead and engage in weekly, monthly, and quarterly team building events to foster a collaborative, productive, creative team environment.
- Serve as an example of Clearlink culture and values in communication (written and verbal), work ethic, and attitude to encourage and foster a collaborative, productive, creative team environment.
- Work with internal leadership and HR to develop and implement performance plans for team members if needed.
- Passion for creating and delivering best-in-class customer experience (CX) through brand storytelling and engagement.
- Must love social, but also understand the difference between using it personally versus on behalf of a brand - and the responsibility that comes with the latter.
- High-level understanding of the similarities, differences, strengths and weaknesses of social media networks, messaging apps, community forums, and consumer review sites. If you don’t know the difference between Twitter and TikTok, or what a Redditor is… this job is probably not for you.
- Pop culture knowledge is also a bonus! We aim to build teams who bring a variety of personal passions to the mix, as we often have opportunities to tap into this to make our engagements even more personalized!
- 1-3 years of experience managing social communities for brands or organizations preferred, or similar marketing experience.
- 1+ year experience in creating and executing social marketing campaigns is preferred.
- 1-3 years experience in leading teams, ideally with three or more members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comprehension skills and thorough attention to detail.
- Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Excellent grasp of grammar, punctuation, and spelling nuances of the English language.
- Previous experience with social engagement tools such as Sprinklr, Khoros, etc. or other related technology platforms highly desirable.
- At least 1-2 years of experience with Google Suite Programs and MS Office programs.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- True ownership mindset with resilience and resolve to follow-through.
- Typing speed of 40 words per minute is desirable.
- High school diploma required.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
- Ability to work 9am-5pm Monday-Friday along with occasional weeknights and/or weekends for special event coverage.
Back to top