Staff Writer - Business.org
- Salt Lake City, UT
We are a remote-first workforce because we Care Deeply about hiring the best talent and supporting the wellbeing of our people.
At the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, we leaned into the dual challenges of keeping our people safe and our business healthy. Shifting to work from home taught us how resilient, productive, and successful we are as remote workers.
Now we actively pursue remote hiring, onboarding, and employment. We are hiring remote positions in AL, AZ, CA, CO, FL, ID, IL, KY, MN, MO, NC, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, WA, and WI.
Who We’re Looking For - Staff Writer
If you take pride in carefully crafted writing and detailed research and you have a passion for helping small businesses succeed, then Business.org could be your next work family.
As a Staff Writer for Business.org, you’ll provide expert recommendations for business tools, money-saving tips, and helpful breakdowns of business processes and concepts. To help your readers, you’ll simplify tough ideas. You’ll be an authority they can look to.
You’ll also be a part of a team of other hardworking specialists, driven to help small-business owners succeed. And with your teammates, you’ll work together to improve your craft, learn more about the industry, and find ways to better help your readers.
What You’ll Do
- Research business products and services
- Facilitate and pitch creative ideas
- Write both long- and short-form content
- Ensure content aligns with brand positioning, voice, and project type
- Collaborate with designers, SEO specialists, project managers, developers, and marketing managers
- Balance numerous projects with competing timelines
- Supervise and analyze the performance of content
- Study digital marketing and UX standard methodologies
- 3+ years proven experience in journalism, content marketing, or related field
- A strong portfolio with a variety of samples (persuasive business content with an emphasis in accounting preferred)
- A demonstrable passion for small business along with a deep, firm grasp of marketing trends
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including spelling and grammar
- An understanding of what language, structure, and value propositions will resonate with our readers
- An agile mentality with an internal drive to learn and grow
- The ability to take and provide constructive and positive feedback
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Google Suite, Airtable, or similar software applications
Clearlink is an award-winning tech-enabled global media company. We help people find, buy, and use products and services that improve their everyday lives. Clearlink’s people-focused culture has been recognized internationally for strong leadership, business growth, innovative employee initiatives, and corporate social responsibility.
We are a company that lives by our values: Conquer Challenges, Care Deeply, Be an Owner, Seek Diverse Perspectives, and Fight for the User. When you come to work with Clearlink, you’ll be surrounded by people that solve problems, show up for each other, take accountability, listen to others, and put the user at the center of strategy.
People have taken notice of all the phenomenal things happening here at Clearlink! Over the last couple of years, we’ve been recognized with dozens of awards, such as:
- Utah Business Magazine’s SAMY Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 40 Under 40 Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 30 Women to Watch Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 20 in Their 20s Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s Fast 50 Awards
- Search Engine Land Awards, Best In-house SEO Team Finalist
- PR Daily Digital PR Awards, Viral Campaign Award
- PR Daily Digital PR Awards, Media Relations Campaign Award
- Utah Diversity Connection, Large Business Diversity Award
- The Stevie Awards, Achievements in Health and Wellness
- The Stevie Awards, Achievements in Developing and Promoting Women in Business
- The Stevie Awards, People-focused CEO of the Year
- Utah Business Magazine’s CEO of the Year
- Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces Award
- Women Tech Council’s Shatter List
In addition to the competitive pay and a healthy work/life integration, Clearlink offers industry-leading benefits to support you both inside and outside of the workplace. Some of the benefits include:
- An award-winning wellness program with a path to have 100% of healthcare premiums paid in full (over 80% of employees have 90%-100% of their premiums covered by Clearlink)
- 401K matching, tuition reimbursement, dedicated budget for conferences and certifications training/certification opportunities
- Annual Trip of a Lifetime winners from each department that get to choose
- anywhere in the world to visit, and everyone in the larger group of finalists get a consolation prize of a week in a tropical paradise like Hawaii, Jamaica, or Mexico
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Paid sabbaticals for 5 year and 10 year work anniversaries
- Everyone is a part; no one is apart. Ours is a community for everyone. We embrace diversity in experience, identity, and perspective, not only to help each of us learn and grow, but also to expand the capabilities of our business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Back to top