- Salt Lake City, UT
We are a remote-first workforce because we Care Deeply about hiring the best talent and supporting the wellbeing of our people.
At the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, we leaned into the dual challenges of keeping our people safe and our business healthy. Shifting to work from home taught us how resilient, productive, and successful we are as remote workers.
Now we actively pursue remote hiring, onboarding, and employment. We are hiring remote positions in AL, AZ, CA, CO, FL, ID, IL, MN, MO, NC, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI.
Who We’re Looking For
Software Engineer - Consumer Brands-Salt Lake City
Are you passionate about web development and enjoy constantly pushing yourself? Are you eager to work with emerging web technologies and contribute to our modernized workflow?
As an engineer you’ll be working with our all-star, fully remote team in our customized CI/CD driven stack of WordPress using a component system based on the Elementor framework. Over the next year, you’ll be helping our team plan and build a headless architecture while we migrate our existing portfolio of products into the current iteration of our platform.
If you’re looking for the next step in your career, Clearlink is an environment with many advancement opportunities, where you can continuously learn, grow your career, and make an impact on your team.
In the last 5 years, the Consumer Brands team has experienced rapid growth with no signs of stopping. We’re looking for passionate, collaborative people to join our Engineering team to help us lead the charge building next-generation tech stacks, applications, products, and microservices.
Is this the right job for you?
As an engineer, you will work with the engineering team to develop products, tools, and web properties for Clearlink and our various partners. You will find yourself a major player in project planning, laying out technical requirements, communicating roadblocks, and working with the team on multiple initiatives.
An ideal candidate for this position will have experience excelling in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and love all things web.
If you feel as though you fit this description, and you meet the requirements listed below, we want to hear from you.
Breaking Down Your Day-to-Day
- Self-prioritizing and working with your team lead to manage your workload
- Using CircleCI to manage deployments between development and staging environments
- Working in WordPress component frameworks and assisting with general troubleshooting
- Sharing your skill-set and experience with the broader team
- Contribute to team planning, problem solving and theorycrafting
What You Need
- 3+ years experience in web development or product engineering industry
- Solid PHP and MySQL implementation and troubleshooting experience
- Ability to work well in groups focusing on close collaboration
- High proficiency in written and verbal technical communication
- Experience working on web applications, service-oriented architecture, high-availability architecture
- Experience with WordPress, WordPress plugin development, and the WordPress API
- Experience modelling and creating custom API’s for rapid development
- Solid understanding of modern SEO standards
Clearlink is an award-winning tech-enabled global media company. We help people find, buy, and use products and services that improve their everyday lives. Clearlink’s people-focused culture has been recognized internationally for strong leadership, business growth, innovative employee initiatives, and corporate social responsibility.
We are a company that lives by our values: Conquer Challenges, Care Deeply, Be an Owner, Seek Diverse Perspectives, and Fight for the User. When you come to work with Clearlink, you’ll be surrounded by people that solve problems, show up for each other, take accountability, listen to others, and put the user at the center of strategy.
People have taken notice of all the phenomenal things happening here at Clearlink! Over the last couple of years, we’ve been recognized with dozens of awards, such as:
- Utah Business Magazine’s SAMY Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 40 Under 40 Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 30 Women to Watch Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 20 in Their 20s Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s Fast 50 Awards
- Search Engine Land Awards, Best In-house SEO Team Finalist
- PR Daily Digital PR Awards, Viral Campaign Award
- PR Daily Digital PR Awards, Media Relations Campaign Award
- Utah Diversity Connection, Large Business Diversity Award
- The Stevie Awards, Achievements in Health and Wellness
- The Stevie Awards, Achievements in Developing and Promoting Women in Business
- The Stevie Awards, People-focused CEO of the Year
- Utah Business Magazine’s CEO of the Year
- Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces Award
- Women Tech Council’s Shatter List
In addition to the competitive pay and a healthy work/life integration, Clearlink offers industry-leading benefits to support you both inside and outside of the workplace. Some of the benefits include:
- An award-winning wellness program with a path to have 100% of healthcare premiums paid in full (over 80% of employees have 90%-100% of their premiums covered by Clearlink)
- 401K matching, tuition reimbursement, dedicated budget for conferences and certifications training/certification opportunities
- Annual Trip of a Lifetime winners from each department that get to choose
- anywhere in the world to visit, and everyone in the larger group of finalists get a consolation prize of a week in a tropical paradise like Hawaii, Jamaica, or Mexico
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Paid sabbaticals for 5 year and 10 year work anniversaries
- Everyone is a part; no one is apart. Ours is a community for everyone. We embrace diversity in experience, identity, and perspective, not only to help each of us learn and grow, but also to expand the capabilities of our business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Back to top