Social Research Analyst
- Salt Lake City, UT
Out of an abundance of caution for the current situation with the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are offering a completely virtual hiring process; this means all your interview steps will be completed via phone or video meeting. We also offer work from home, with the understanding that in the future this role may transition to an in-office, onsite position in our Salt Lake City office. While our day-to-day approach has changed a bit during this time, our dedication to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them to thrive both personally and professionally is stronger than ever.
Who We’re Looking For - Social Research Analyst
The Social Research Analyst serves as a data storyteller within the Clearlink Social Experience practice, offering a keen understanding of the hard facts and figures gleaned from social conversation and engagements, including how to extract them.
The Social Analyst then marries quantitative data with qualitative insights to identify the so-called “So What? Now What?” to provide strategic recommendations to increase brand awareness and advocacy, while optimizing team performance to drive outstanding CX on behalf of our brand partner.
- Supervise and analyze social engagement team productivity data, including team performance metrics and other QA measures to ensure that brand partner SLAs and productivity measures are met
- Supervise and analyze social engagement community data, including topic drivers, sentiment, location of conversation, and other digital consumer behaviors
- Collaborates closely with Senior Specialist(s) and Team Lead/Manager to identify and vet creative engagement opportunities, supported by quantitative research as needed
- Leads on proactive research and analysis of digital landscape as it relates to clients and their respective brands and products, including public social media mentions, consumer reviews, community forum discussions, media coverage, and/or competitive insights
- Compile findings into comprehensive reports, providing strategic, impactful recommendations regarding trends, business insights, and consumer sentiments, with the intention of establishing new or expanded client partnerships
- Provide regular reports pertaining to the following
- Productivity metrics at the individual and team levels
- Productivity input to ensure that SLAs and minimum volumes are met per brand partner requirements
- Processes, products, and associated activities
- Brand partner initiatives including Surprise & Delight, Newsjacking, etc.
- Volume, issues, and quality drivers
- Business review reports evaluating engagement across channels, conversation types, and notable user interactions
- Contribute feedback and analysis from campaigns, events, and experiences including product feature reactions, highlighting opportunities for improvement, and top user engagement trends
- Collaborate with the Senior Specialist(s) to identify key trends and insights in user needs via qualitative and quantitative feedback to recommend new content or effective solutions, based on observations, trends, and information captured from digital support provided and community insights
- Use the social media listening tool as it relates to community insights, providing summary, trends with impactful insights and strategic recommendations, including:
- ○ Supported products, such as feature recommendations or optimizations
- ○ Brand partner vertical and industry opportunities
- ○ Sentiment, conversation topic trends, user date
- ○ Competitive insights (as needed)
- Support development of process/workflow documentation and standardization across all reporting and analysis activity
- Engage in team huddles, meetings, and brainstorming sessions with the brand engagement team, all levels of internal management or with client product groups to promote knowledge sharing
- Minimum of 1-3 years of data analytics experience, with strong ability to critically analyze data, identify emerging and widespread trends, and extract insights from digital channels, including social media, consumer review sites, community forums, and media coverage
- Previous experience with social listening platforms, data visualization software, CX engagement platforms, and/or customer relationship management (CRM) programs and/or social media management tools highly desirable
- At least 1-2 years of experience with Google docs and MS Office programs
- High-level understanding of social networks and social media, including similarities and differences between channels/platforms, as well as using social media on behalf of a company as opposed to personal use
- Strong understanding of consumer behaviors across digital channels, including social media networks, messaging apps, web-based chat, community forums, consumer review sites, self-service content, and e- mail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, comprehension skills and thorough attention to detail
- Typing speed of 40 words per minute is desirable
- At least two years of college study; university degree preferred
- High school diploma required
Clearlink, a SYKES company, is an award-winning digital marketing, sales conversion, and technology company, headquartered in Salt Lake City. A trusted partner for Fortune 500 companies since 2003, Clearlink delivers intuitive and engaging experiences throughout the customer journey that connect consumers with the products and services they need. Clearlink’s people-focused culture has been recognized internationally for strong leadership, business growth, innovative employee initiatives, and corporate social responsibility.
We are a company that lives by CLEAR values: Create Community, Learn and Grow, Embrace Opportunity, Act Like an Owner, Respect Every Person. That means that when you come to work for Clearlink, you’ll be surrounded by people that care for each other, care about every person being able to be the most authentic version of themselves, and care about making the communities around them a better place. Clearlink is a place that will empower you to take true ownership of your career and provide all the support needed to help you turn challenges into opportunities to grow!
People have taken notice of all the phenomenal things happening here at Clearlink! Over the last couple of years, we’ve been recognized with dozens of awards, such as:
- Utah Business Magazine’s SAMY Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 40 Under 40 Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 30 Women to Watch Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 20 in Their 20s Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s Fast 50 Awards
- Search Engine Land Awards, Best In-house SEO Team Finalist
- PR Daily Digital PR Awards, Viral Campaign Award
- PR Daily Digital PR Awards, Media Relations Campaign Award
- Utah Diversity Connection, Large Business Diversity Award
- The Stevie Awards, Achievements in Health and Wellness
- The Stevie Awards, Achievements in Developing and Promoting Women in Business
- The Stevie Awards, People-focused CEO of the Year
- Utah Business Magazine’s CEO of the Year
- Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces Award
- Women Tech Council’s Shatter List
In addition to the competitive pay and a healthy work/life integration, Clearlink offers industry-leading benefits to support you both inside and outside of the workplace. Some of the benefits include:
- An award-winning wellness program with a path to have 100% of healthcare premiums paid in full (over 80% of employees have 90%-100% of their premiums covered by Clearlink)
- 401K matching, tuition reimbursement, dedicated budget for conferences and certifications training/certification opportunities
- Free sets of ski passes to Utah’s top ski resorts
- Annual Trip of a Lifetime winners from each department that get to choose anywhere in the world to visit, and everyone in the larger group of finalists get a consolation prize of a week in a tropical paradise like Hawaii, Jamaica, or Mexico
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Access to yoga, meditation, counseling, outdoor and wellness activities like mountain biking and paddle boarding, and much more
Everyone is a part; no one is apart. Ours is a community for everyone. We embrace diversity in experience, identity, and perspective, not only to help each of us learn and grow, but also to expand the capabilities of our business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Back to top