Social Media Specialist
- Seattle, WA
COVID-19/Remote Work Update We learned from the new reality of Coronavirus (COVID-19) that remote hiring, onboarding, and ongoing employment is not only possible but adds value for our people and to our business. The accomplishments of our team while working in a remote capacity catalyzed us to embrace remote work as a long term strategy, and we are now hiring in UT, WA, AZ, CA, CO, FL, IL, MN, MO, NY, NC, OR. While our day-to-day approach has changed, our dedication to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping people to thrive both personally and professionally is stronger than ever. Who We’re Looking For:
We are looking for a Social Media Specialist who will work on organic and paid social media management. They should have an eye for detail with a passion for learning digital marketing and social media. Specialists work across client accounts with direction from the Team Lead and other practitioners on the team. Primary social platforms include Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn but may differ depending on the brand. This person is motivated by building relationships, continued learning, and opportunities for growth.
Breaking Down Your Day to Day:
- Support the Social Media Team Lead and other Social team practitioners to help execute for clients on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Monitor client social media channels (organic and paid), seeking out growth opportunities, assessing paid efforts, and partnering with Strategists and Senior Strategists to provide detailed insight around specific social media marketing goals.
- Partner with Strategists and Senior Strategists to offer account recommendations for paid and organic media opportunities, including goals, campaign strategies, tactics, budgets, and timelines.
- Track, measure, and report on all campaign work each month, partnering with Portent’s Analytics team when needed.
- Manage client communication and interaction for the team in a timely and consistent fashion.
- Stay current with industry trends and standard methodologies.
- 1-2 years of Social Media marketing experience or Paid Media management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or related field preferred but not required.
- Solid understanding of major social media platforms, including analytics suits and paid interfaces.
- Working knowledge of social media tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively collaborate with senior management and staff.
- Ability to execute on assigned initiatives promptly.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Self-reliant, excellent problem-solver, results-oriented.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments independently to problem solve.
Portent, Clearlink’s agency team, is comprised of 40+ hardworking digital marketers, originally founded in Seattle, now with team members across the country. Portent has been supporting Fortune 500 companies to achieve their digital marketing goals for over 25 years, working in conjunction with many of the world’s biggest brands. We’ve built a killer team comprised of experts in SEO, PPC, Paid Social, Digital PR, CRO, Analytics, and Development to consistently deliver results for our dynamic book of agency clients.
Working at Portent means becoming part of a team dedicated to acquiring the knowledge and expertise that will keep us on the front lines of innovation in our craft. Not only are we passionate about gaining that knowledge, but we are also dedicated to sharing it with fellow team members, clients, and the digital marketing community. This cultural focus on teaching and inclusivity inherently drives connections between our people. Pair this culture with our organizational focus for career development paths and we hope that it’s easy to see yourself working here.
We believe that energized, well-balanced people with interests outside of work make the best employees, which is why we offer the following benefits:
- Award-winning healthcare and wellness programs
- Generous paid time off- 20 days off in your first year, in addition to paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Matching 401K
- Weekly pay
- Detailed skill development and training programs
- Monthly employee recognition awards
- All-expense paid vacations for top employees
Everyone is a part; no one is apart. Ours is a community for everyone. We embrace diversity in experience, identity, and perspective, not only to help each of us learn and grow, but also to expand the capabilities of our business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Back to top