Job Posting Title:
Who We're Looking For
SEO Intern - Seattle, WA
Are you looking to set yourself apart from your peers trying to break into the SEO and digital marketing world? This is your opportunity to pick up a real-world, career-building experience while learning from and working with some of the top digital marketing practitioners in the industry.
The SEO Intern supports all of Portent’s SEO programs. They will split their time learning organic search techniques on some of Portent’s biggest accounts, while also being tasked with applying their learnings on Portent’s own SEO platforms. An Intern is here to further their understanding of and expertise in a craft or discipline for the first time. They assist individual contributors in completing projects on client work. They are successful if they can help contribute to client projects, take on some independent work, and continuously improve their craft along the way.
This is an opportunity for the right person to learn the ropes in one of the industry’s leading digital marketing agencies. This position will also have a chance to learn about the basics of Paid and Earned Media. Your primary focus, however, will be on the organic (earned) side of things.
Breaking Down Your Day-to-Day:
- Support the SEO Team Lead and the larger team to help execute deliverables for clients
- Assist in the maintenance of client relationships, which can include the coordination of client calls, emails, and other deliverables
- Track, measure, and report on all campaign work each month, partnering with Portent’s Analytics team when needed
- Contribute to the Portent blog and marketing initiatives
- Stay current with industry trends and best practices
What You Need:
- Availability to work 40 hours per week out of Portent’s downtown Seattle office
- Bachelor’s degree, current pursuit of a degree, or equivalent experience in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or a related field.
- Introductory knowledge of SEO
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Current or aspiring Excel wizard
- Data-driven mindset with the ability to manipulate complex sets of information and draw conclusions
- An innate sense of intellectual curiosity that drives you to be constantly learning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to execute on assigned initiatives promptly
- Excellent time management skills
- Self-reliant, excellent problem-solver, results-oriented
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments independently to problem solve
Portent, Clearlink’s agency team, is comprised of 50 digital marketers with offices in Seattle and Salt Lake City. We’ve been supporting Fortune 500 companies with their digital marketing for over 20 years and relish continuing to learn about our ever-evolving industry.
At Portent, you will have opportunities to work with people who are as passionate as they are talented, develop yourself and your skills, and work on challenging and rewarding projects. We thrive on our inclusive and empowering work culture, where everyone has the support to do their best work and grow in their careers.
We believe that energized, well-balanced people with interests outside of work make the best employees, which is why we offer the following benefits:
- Flexible work from home schedules
- Up to 100% healthcare for your entire family
- Over one month of paid time off to start
- 12 weeks paid maternity/paternity leave
- Matching 401K
- Get paid every Friday!
- Monthly wellness activities
- Quarterly company outings
- One Friday a month dedicated to skill development and training
- Fully-stocked lunch room and gourmet coffee
- Award-winning wellness program with free health coaching
- Monthly employee recognition awards
- All-expense paid vacations for top employees
Back to top