Job Posting Title:
Outreach/Digital PR Specialist
Who We're Looking For: Digital PR Specialist/Outreach
We know that top-tier media coverage and a great link profile don't come easy.
So if you're passionate about the latest link-building and digital PR tactics, enjoy creating compelling content and telling stories, feel comfortable contacting journalists from world-class publications, and are ready to work collaboratively with a team of world-class Outreach/Digital PR Specialists-we want to hear from you.
As an Outreach/Digital PR Specialist, you're a key part of the performance marketing division. You'll sit right at the intersection of PR and SEO, working with a team of hardworking marketers to build the authority of our websites by crafting and promoting newsworthy, industry-leading content. You'll be responsible for building and maintaining positive relationships with relevant publishers, journalists, and industry specialists, and you'll work with some of the world's largest websites to digitally extend the reach of your brand.
Are you ready to earn outstanding coverage and links? Send us your pitch.
What You'll Do
- Work on 1-2 dedicated websites to build and promote content with PR potential
- Perform outreach to website owners, bloggers, journalists, major media outlets, and influencers
- Enjoy the creative work of developing creative content and timely media pitches
- Pitch and place content with top-tier publications via persuasive email communication
- Build media lists for content promotion campaigns
- Research and respond to media inquiries on deadline
- Constantly research and test new PR and link-building tactics
- Keep track of competitors and proactively pitch new ideas for content
- Collaborate regularly with the Outreach/Digital PR team and share findings
- Share tactful, clear feedback with other Outreach/Digital PR Specialists, copywriters, designers, data analysts, compliance specialists, SEO specialists, and other marketers
- Understand and cultivate distinct strategies and voices across multiple brands
- Track, report and present progress to managers and clients
- Improve site rankings through outreach and digital PR practices
- 2-3+ years' experience in a professional news environment or with a Public Relations agency - or related experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the Communications/Public Relations field
- Top-level internet research skills and ability to navigate social networks
- Strong written and persuasive communication skills-mastery of the English language is key
- Be skilled in writing press/PR communications and managing PR projects
- Experience working with media and a successful track record of earning coverage
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent persuasion skills
- Creative, out-of-the-box problem solver
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Genuine enthusiasm for collaboration and group work
- Self-starter mentality
- Willingness to both lead and support fellow team members
- Flair for networking and connecting with people digitally
When applying, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, a Clearlink employee called Allison, with your resume attached and the reason why Clearlink should hire you in the body of the email. The subject line should contain the word rubix cube . Bear in mind that she gets anywhere from 50 to 100 emails per day and works 60-hour weeks. You must also submit your resume and formally apply to the role directly.
More About Clearlink
Clearlink, a SYKES company, is an award-winning digital marketing, sales conversion, and technology company, headquartered in Salt Lake City. A trusted partner for Fortune 500 companies since 2003, Clearlink delivers intuitive and engaging experiences throughout the customer journey that connect consumers with the products and services they need. Clearlink's people-focused culture has been recognized internationally for strong leadership, business growth, innovative employee initiatives, and corporate social responsibility.
We are a company that lives by CLEAR values: Create Community, Learn and Grow, Embrace Opportunity, Act Like an Owner, Respect Every Person. That means that when you come to work for Clearlink, you'll be surrounded by people that care for each other, care about every person being able to be the most authentic version of themselves, and care about making the communities around them a better place. Clearlink is a place that will empower you to take true ownership of your career and provide all the support needed to help you turn challenges into opportunities to grow!
People have taken notice of all the phenomenal things happening here at Clearlink! Over the last couple of years, we've been recognized with dozens of awards, such as:
- Utah Business Magazine's SAMY Awards
- Utah Business Magazine's 40 Under 40 Awards
- Utah Business Magazine's 30 Women to Watch Awards
- Utah Business Magazine's 20 in Their 20s Awards
- Utah Business Magazine's Fast 50 Awards
- Search Engine Land Awards, Best In-house SEO Team Finalist
- PR Daily Digital PR Awards, Viral Campaign Award
- PR Daily Digital PR Awards, Media Relations Campaign Award
- Utah Diversity Connection, Large Business Diversity Award
- The Stevie Awards, Achievements in Health and Wellness
- The Stevie Awards, Achievements in Developing and Promoting Women in Business
- The Stevie Awards, People-focused CEO of the Year
- Utah Business Magazine's CEO of the Year
- Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces Award
- Women Tech Council's Shatter List
In addition to the competitive pay and a healthy work/life integration, Clearlink offers industry-leading benefits to support you both inside and outside of the workplace. Some of the benefits include:
- An award-winning wellness program with a path to have 100% of healthcare premiums paid in full (over 80% of employees have 90%-100% of their premiums covered by Clearlink)
- 401K matching, tuition reimbursement, dedicated budget for conferences and certifications training/certification opportunities
- Annual Trip of a Lifetime winners from each department that get to choose anywhere in the world to visit, and everyone in the larger group of finalists get a consolation prize of a week in a tropical paradise like Hawaii, Jamaica, or Mexico
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Access to yoga, meditation, counseling, outdoor and wellness activities like mountain biking and paddle boarding, and much more
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
We offer a fully remote hiring process: this means all your interview steps will be completed via phone or video meeting. We also offer work from home, with the understanding that in the future this role may transition to an in-office, onsite position in our Salt Lake City office. While our day-to-day approach has changed a bit during this time, our dedication to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them to thrive both personally and professionally is stronger than ever.
Work from Home - Utah