Job Posting Title:
Managing Editor (Business.org) - Consumer Marketing, Salt Lake City
Who We’re Looking For
If you have a passion for helping small-business owners find the financial products and services that will make their businesses thrive, you may have found your new home. We need someone to be an authority on all things related to SMB finance as they own editorial strategy and help push our content to the next level.
As a full-time Managing Editor, you’ll manage a talented copy team for a business-focused website. Along with other leaders, this role is responsible for growing our traffic, user base, and user engagement to help as many readers as possible. You’ll define the purpose of our content, how we create it, and what success looks like in content creation. You’ll determine how to set our content apart in the industry, so we can help users find the best answers to their questions.
If you’re excited to dive in and find opportunities, we’d love to hear from you.
Why You’ll Love the Consumer Brands Team:
We always fight for the user. At the core of everything we do is the desire to elevate the customer experience and create something that makes readers’ lives better. We take our work—and our dreams—seriously.
- Work in a unique, collaborative environment where we share ideas freely and individuals are empowered to affect change.
- Share in the thrill of building (sometimes from scratch!) web properties and brands that simplify the customer journey.
- Be part of a culture that recognizes and rewards effort.
- Surround yourself with some of the best marketing and creative minds and leave work each day having learned something new.
Breaking down your day-to-day:
- Lead the Business.org copy team and help execute editorial vision in the content.
- Own editorial strategy, planning, and content calendar.
- Manage, supervise, and mentor writers and editors.
- Support expansion on a growing team.
- Collaborate with Marketing Managers, Content Strategists, Compliance Specialists, Developers, Designers, Art Director, and Copy Director to ensure we’re producing the best, most useful content possible.
- Embrace giving and receiving candid feedback.
- Champion marketing/UX/editing/writing best practices.
- Develop tone/voice guidelines, user personas, and other materials essential for creating high-quality copy that resonates with users.
- Be an authority in the industry and learn from competitors’ content.
- Review content and maintain quality standards.
- Respond to media inquiries and complete interviews as necessary.
- Write copy for high-profile projects.
What you’ll need:
- A demonstrable passion for helping small-business owners find the right products and services for their needs (preferably in direct relation to journalism or content marketing)
- Experience managing a team of writers or editors
- Strong writing and editing experience
- Basic knowledge of SEO, PPC, content strategy, and CRO
- Degree in English, marketing, or related field
- 2+ years management experience
- 3+ years in advertising, online marketing, or related field
- 5+ years in writing and editing
- Ability to complete test projects
What We Offer
- Competitive pay
- Award-winning healthcare coverage and wellness programming
- 401(k) matching
- Investment in your personal development: tuition matching, leadership programming, and opportunities for industry conferences.
- Generous PTO and work/life integration
- Do you have what we’re looking for? What are you waiting for? Apply now.
More About Business.org and Clearlink
Clearlink, a SYKES company, is an award-winning digital marketing and sales company headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. Clearlink’s leading-edge technology and 2,000 digital marketing, sales, and data science experts are the reason it’s been a trusted partner for Fortune 500 companies since 2003. Clearlink’s people-focused culture has been recognized internationally for strong leadership, business growth, innovative employee initiatives, and corporate social responsibility. As the global leader in Intelligent CX, Clearlink is committed to providing intuitive, connected, and engaging experiences throughout the customer journey.
And in the past year alone, Clearlink and our people have been honored with over a dozen awards, including:
- Utah Business Magazine’s SAMY Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 40 Under 40 Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 30 Women to Watch Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 20 in Their 20s Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s Fast 50 Awards
- Search Engine Land Awards, Best In-house SEO Team Finalist
- PR Daily Digital PR Awards, Viral Campaign Award
- PR Daily Digital PR Awards, Media Relations Campaign Award
- Utah Diversity Connection, Large Business Diversity Award
- The Stevie Awards, Achievements in Health and Wellness
- The Stevie Awards, Achievements in Developing and Promoting Women in Business
- The Stevie Awards, People-focused CEO of the Year
- Utah Business Magazine’s CEO of the Year
- Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces Award
- Women Tech Council’s Shatter List
Salt Lake City
Back to top