Job Posting Title:
Who We’re Looking For
You’ve come to the right place if your dream job entails helping people find the right insurance resources and products to improve their lives. We need someone to be an authority on all things related to life insurance and Medicaid, including owning editorial strategy, writing reviews, and helping to push our content to the next level.
As a Managing Editor, you’ll manage a talented copy team and lead editorial strategy for multiple insurance-focused websites. Your leadership will play a key role in defining the brand identity, content methodology, and editorial strategy. You’ll define how to set our content apart in the industry, so we can help users find the best answers to their questions.
If you’re excited to dive in and surface opportunities, then we’d love to hear from you.
Why You’ll Love Our Team
We always fight for the user. At the core of everything we do is the desire to elevate the customer experience and create something that makes readers’ lives better. We take our work—and our dreams—seriously.
- Work in a unique, collaborative environment where we share ideas freely and individuals are empowered to affect change.
- Share in the thrill of building websites and brands that help people.
- Be part of a culture that recognizes and rewards effort.
- Surround yourself with some of the best minds in content and leave work each day having learned something new.
Breaking Down Your Day-to-Day
- Lead the insurance copy team and help execute editorial strategy and vision in the content.
- Write high-quality, authoritative content.
- Own editorial strategy, planning, and calendar.
- Manage, supervise, and mentor writers and editors.
- Support expansion on a rapidly growing team.
- Give career coaching and craft-specific feedback to writers and editors.
- Collaborate with Marketing Managers, Content Strategists, Compliance Specialists, Developers, Designers, Creative Director, and Copy Director to ensure we’re producing the best, most useful content possible.
- Embrace giving and receiving candid feedback.
- Champion UX/editing/writing best practices.
- Develop tone/voice guidelines, user personas, and other materials essential for creating high-quality copy that resonates with users.
- Be an authority in the industry and learn from competitors’ content.
- Review content and maintain quality standards.
- Respond to media inquiries and complete interviews as necessary
What You’ll Need
- A demonstrable passion for helping people find the right insurance products for their needs (preferably in direct relation to journalism or content marketing)
- Experience managing a team of writers or editors
- Strong writing and editing experience
- Understanding of SEO, PPC, content strategy, and CRO
- Degree in English, marketing, or related field
- 2+ years management experience
- 3+ years in advertising, online marketing, or related field
- 5+ years in writing and editing
- Ability to complete test projects
What We Offer
- Competitive pay
- Award-winning healthcare coverage and wellness programming, including onsite massage therapists, yoga classes, and personalized nutrition and fitness coaching
- 401(k) matching
- Investment in your personal development: tuition reimbursement, leadership programming, opportunities for industry conferences and influence
- Generous PTO and work / life integration
More About Clearlink
Clearlink, a SYKES company, is an award-winning digital marketing and sales company headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. Clearlink's leading-edge technology and 2,000 digital marketing, sales, and data science experts are the reason it’s been a trusted partner for Fortune 500 companies since 2003. Clearlink’s people-focused culture has been recognized internationally for strong leadership, business growth, innovative employee initiatives, and corporate social responsibility. As the global leader in Intelligent CX, Clearlink is committed to providing intuitive, connected, and engaging experiences throughout the customer journey.
And in the past year alone, Clearlink and our people have been honored with over a dozen awards, including:
- Utah Business Magazine’s SAMY Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 40 Under 40 Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 30 Women to Watch Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 20 in Their 20s Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s Fast 50 Awards
- Search Engine Land Awards, Best In-house SEO Team Finalist
- PR Daily Digital PR Awards, Viral Campaign Award
- PR Daily Digital PR Awards, Media Relations Campaign Award
- Utah Diversity Connection, Large Business Diversity Award
- The Stevie Awards, Achievements in Health and Wellness
- The Stevie Awards, Achievements in Developing and Promoting Women in Business
- The Stevie Awards, People-focused CEO of the Year
- Utah Business Magazine’s CEO of the Year
- Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces Award
- Women Tech Council’s Shatter List
Back to top