Digital PR Specialist
- Salt Lake City, UT
Job Posting Title:
Digital PR Specialist
*COVID-19/Remote Work Update
We learned from the new reality of Coronavirus (COVID-19) that remote hiring, onboarding, and ongoing employment is not only possible but adds value for our people and to our business. The accomplishments of our team while working in a remote capacity catalyzed us to embrace remote work as a long term strategy, and we are now hiring in UT, WA, AZ, CA, CO, FL, IL, MN, MO, NY, NC, OR. While our day-to-day approach has changed, our dedication to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping people to thrive both personally and professionally is stronger than ever.
Who We’re Looking For
Digital PR Specialist
As a Digital PR Specialist, you’ll sit right at the intersection of PR and SEO. You’ll work with a multi-disciplinary team of talented marketers to tell your brand’s story through the creation and promotion of newsworthy, industry-leading content. You’ll be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with relevant publishers, journalists, bloggers, and industry experts. You’ll work with some of the world’s largest websites to promote and digitally extend the reach of your brand.
Brand management, writing, journalistic, news production, or digital marketing backgrounds are preferred, but not required for this position. We believe that skills can be taught, while hustle, integrity, and initiative can't.
Our ideal candidate is a goal-oriented, natural problem-solver with a sales mindset. You have a deep understanding of online communities and you know that no matter what the subject, there is a group of people on the internet who are passionate about it, and you know how to find them. You have that rare combination of technical ability and exceptional communication and would be just as comfortable giving an interview to a journalist as you would be manipulating data in Excel. You’re as persistent as you are persuasive and can always find a way to “yes”. You could sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman wearing white gloves, via email. You have an innate sense of intellectual curiosity that drives your need to be constantly learning and taking on new challenges. You’re intrinsically motivated and do what it takes to reach your goals. You work well in a fast-paced team environment and enjoy creating rewarding relationships with the people that you work with.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Breaking Down Your Day-to-Day
- Perform outreach to website owners, bloggers, journalists, major media outlets, and influencers
- Build outreach email lists for content promotion campaigns
- Create content with outreach and PR potential
- Pitch and place content with top-tier publications via networking and relationship building
- Research and test new PR and link building tactics
- Track and report progress to managers and clients
- Improve site rankings and increase brand awareness through outreach and digital PR practices
Who would be good at this job?
Journalists, freelance writers, editors, English majors, marketing majors, business majors, rhetoric and/or communications majors
What You Need
- 1+ years’ experience in sales/marketing/SEO or related field
- Top-level Internet research skills & ability to navigate social networks
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong written and persuasive communication skills - mastery of the English language is key
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- A knack for networking and connecting with people digitally
When applying, please send an email to Ellen (email@example.com) with your resume attached and the reason why Clearlink should hire you in the body of the email. The subject line should contain the word ‘snackery’. Bear in mind that she gets anywhere from 50-100 emails per day and works 60 hour weeks.
MORE ABOUT CLEARLINK
Clearlink, a SYKES company, is an award-winning digital marketing and sales company headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. Clearlink's leading-edge technology and 2,000 digital marketing, sales, and data science specialists are the reason it’s been a trusted partner for Fortune 500 companies since 2003. Clearlink’s people-focused culture has been recognized internationally for strong leadership, business growth, innovative employee initiatives, and corporate social responsibility. As the global leader in Intelligent CX, Clearlink is committed to providing intuitive, connected, and engaging experiences throughout the customer journey.
In addition to the competitive pay and a balanced work/life integration, Clearlink offers industry-leading benefits to support you both inside and outside of the workplace. Some of the benefits include:
- An award-winning wellness program with a path to have 100% of healthcare premiums paid in full (over 80% of employees have 90%-100% of their premiums covered by Clearlink)
- 401K matching, tuition reimbursement, dedicated budget for conferences and certifications training/certification opportunities
- Annual Trip of a Lifetime winners from each department that get to choose anywhere in the world to visit and everyone in the larger group of finalists get a consolation prize of a week in a tropical paradise like Hawaii, Jamaica, or Mexico
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Access to yoga, meditation, counseling, outdoor and wellness activities like mountain biking and paddle-boarding, and much more
Everyone is a part; no one is apart. Ours is a community for everyone. We accept diversity in experience, identity, and perspective, not only to help each of us learn and grow but also to expand the capabilities of our business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functons, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Salt Lake City
Back to top