Digital Content Writer
- Rancho Penasquitos, CA
We learned from the new reality of Coronavirus (COVID-19) that remote hiring, onboarding, and ongoing employment is not only possible but adds value for our people and to our business. The accomplishments of our team while working in a remote capacity catalyzed us to embrace remote work as a long-term strategy, and we are now hiring in AZ, CA, CO, FL, IL, MN, NC, OR, UT, and WA. While our day-to-day approach has changed, our dedication to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping people to thrive both personally and professionally is stronger than ever.
Digital Content Writer for WhistleOut.com
WhistleOut is the #1 comparison site for wireless plans in Canada, the USA, and Australia. What does that mean? Think Expedia or Kayak, but for finding your next cell phone or internet plan. We’re looking for a creative, motivated, and hardworking writer with a solid understanding of U.S. internet and cell phone plans to join our team.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Conduct detailed research on both internet and cell phone related topics and write easy-to-understand articles
- Publish articles to the website, optimizing for user experience, SEO, and conversions
- Work with site editor to improve articles, implementing changes as required
- Publish 3-5 articles per week, based on priority
- Write in-depth articles based on user search trends and timely topics
- Brainstorm new topics to build out internet content on the site and help drive traffic
- Take the confusing world of internet plans and services and simplify it so that any consumer can understand
- Research, analyze and publish content on new and existing products and technologies
- Build easy-to-read guides to make difficult concepts easy and approachable
- Conduct detailed research on relevant topics and provide information to our users that is both useful and clear
- Spitball in a small team and plan projects for an ongoing content calendar
- Implement feedback from their team editor optimally
- Be open to constructive feedback
- Work quickly, be accountable, be accurate, and most importantly, be insightful
- Work autonomously and effectively within a remote team
- Shift gears as needed, being flexible with projects as new priorities surface
- Excellent command of written English
- Excellent organizational skills and a keen eye for detail
- Ability to write quickly, clearly, and concisely
- Understanding of basic digital writing principles
- Understanding of SEO standard methodologies and principles
- Ability to produce engaging content with an objective and helpful style
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office with a basic understanding of HTML being desirable
- Strong work ethic and ability to produce a high output of articles
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work to tight due dates
- Ability to perform well with minimal direction
- Proactive approach to problem-solving
- Knowledge of the internet and cell phone service industries or the ability to get up to speed quickly
WhistleOut, a Clearlink company, has been helping empower consumers through information since 2009, focusing on internet, wireless and TV options. We built our own comparison platform to help capture, distill, and display offerings available to each specific consumer in a user-friendly way that removes the complexity and centers important information on one page. Inspired by comprehensive, thoroughly-researched, and most importantly, unbiased information, our platform serves as a one-stop solution that helps users get the right product or service at the right price, through a quick and intuitive process.
The WhistleOut culture is driven by a group of people diverse in their experience, backgrounds, and perspectives, all working across teams collaboratively and striving to serve our customers. We empower our employees to own their own careers and pursue innovation at both the individual and collective level. We understand that there is no growth without learning, and are committed to providing ample learning and development opportunities to every single employee at WhistleOut. While we value hard work, we also understand the importance of striking a healthy work/life balance and supporting the wellbeing of our employees.
In addition to work/life balance and focus on learning, we also feature an industry-leading benefit plan that has everything you need for your personal and professional wellbeing, including:
- An award-winning wellness program with a path to have 100% of healthcare premiums paid in full
- 401K matching
- Tuition reimbursement
- Dedicated budget for conferences and certifications training/certification opportunities
- Regular wellness days and activities
- Over two weeks of paid time off
- Fully-stocked break room and gourmet coffee
- Annual Trip of a Lifetime winners that get to choose anywhere in the world to visit, and everyone in the larger group of finalists get a consolation prize of a week in a tropical paradise like Hawaii, Jamaica, or Mexico
- Everyone is a part; no one is apart. Ours is a community for everyone. We embrace diversity in experience, identity, and perspective, not only to help each of us learn and grow, but also to expand the capabilities of our business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Back to top