- Seattle, WA
COVID-19/Remote Work Update
We learned from the new reality of Coronavirus (COVID-19) that remote hiring, onboarding, and ongoing employment is not only possible but adds value for our people and to our business. The accomplishments of our team while working in a remote capacity catalyzed us to embrace remote work as a long term strategy, and we are now hiring in AZ, CA, CO, FL, IL, MN, NY, NC, OR, UT, and WA. While our day-to-day approach has changed, our dedication to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping people to thrive both personally and professionally is stronger than ever.
Who We’re Looking For - Content Strategist
If you love crafting useful content, using data in your decision-making process, and collaborating with others, then this is the job for you! We’re looking for an experienced online content marketing specialist, with exceptional skills in strategy, communication, content planning, and content management. This role will work closely with our SEO strategists to identify content goals and initiatives and lead content marketing efforts to empower business leaders to make smart, informed decisions. The ideal candidate will have expertise in helping to build a website’s reputation and presence by creating engaging content (product or service pages, blogs, resource hubs, paid landing pages, etc.), based around a solid understanding of SEO, UX, buyer behaviors and, user journeys. Please submit a cover letter along with your resume.
Breaking Down Your Day-to-Day
- Collaborate with SEO strategists and content strategists to identify clear goals for marketing content, measuring effectiveness, supervising performance, and suggesting improvements.
- Act as a champion of alignment with your cross-functional team to explain the reasoning for strategy and promote user awareness and team collaboration.
- Become your team’s subject matter and audience specialist, creating web experiences that catch target audiences and contribute to continuous innovation in evolving formats to most effectively engage our target audience.
- Create a content development plan (including documentation, tracking, production management) and an editorial calendar based on strategic goals, business priorities, product launches, and other events.
- Write project briefs for copywriters, designers, and developers to complete work that aligns with your content strategy goals and vision.
- Format, upload, and publish content within a CMS. Develop and maintain a solid understanding of the CMS to ensure continuous productivity.
- Understand the dynamics of the digital marketing ecosystem and extract key trends, topics, and content themes that will help us engage our target audience.
- Conduct content audits and gap analyses to synthesize findings into recommendations, tests, and meaningful next steps. Make recommendations for new and existing content.
- Work with a cross-functional team to ask the right questions and brainstorm solutions to problems with a strong sense of initiative and follow-through.
- Help define site mapping, user pathways, and information architecture, in collaboration with SEO, design, and others.
- Measure the performance of the content you’re creating using Google Analytics, heat mapping tools (Hotjar), and sales data.
- Own conceptualization, execution, and analysis.
- 3+ years of proven experience in content marketing and SEO
- Proficient knowledge of Ahrefs, SEMrush, Moz, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, etc.
- Proven track record of defining and executing highly effective content marketing programs
- Metrics-focused, with a steadfast drive for improving user experience and increasing site visits, search rankings, and ROI
- Experience with developing KPIs, dashboards, and benchmark reports to measure content engagement success
- Excellent storyteller, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solver with the ability to work under ambitious timelines
- Ability to operate at both strategic and tactical levels
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate with cross-functional individuals to deliver on goals
- Portfolio of proven work samples
Portent, Clearlink’s agency team, is comprised of 40+ hardworking digital marketers, originally founded in Seattle, now with team members across the country. Portent has been supporting Fortune 500 companies to achieve their digital marketing goals for over 25 years, working in conjunction with many of the world’s biggest brands. We’ve built a killer team comprised of specialists in SEO, PPC, Paid Social, Digital PR, CRO, Analytics, and Development to consistently deliver results for our dynamic book of agency clients.
Working at Portent means becoming part of a team dedicated to acquiring the knowledge and expertise that will keep us on the front lines of innovation in our craft. Not only are we passionate about gaining that knowledge, but we are also dedicated to sharing it with fellow team members, clients, and the digital marketing community. This cultural focus on teaching and inclusivity inherently drives connections between our people. Pair this culture with our organizational focus for career development paths, and we hope that it’s easy to see yourself working here.
We believe that energized, well-balanced people with interests outside of work make the best employees, which is why we offer the following benefits:
- Award-winning healthcare and wellness programs
- Generous paid time off- 20 days off in your first year, in addition to paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Matching 401K
- Weekly pay
- Detailed skill development and training programs
- Monthly employee recognition awards
- All-expense paid vacations for top employees
Everyone is a part; no one is apart. Ours is a community for everyone. We embrace diversity in experience, identity, and perspective, not only to help each of us learn and grow, but also to expand the capabilities of our business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Back to top