- Salt Lake City, UT
Job Posting Title:
Out of an abundance of caution due to the concerns surrounding the current situation with the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we will be conducting our hiring process completely virtually. That means that all interviews and onboarding activities will be held online or over the phone. The health of our employees and candidates is our main priority and we hope you will forgive any inconvenience that may arise from this non-conventional approach. While the day-to-day approach has changed a bit during this time, our commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them to thrive both personally and professionally is stronger than ever.
What We’re Looking For
If you have a passion for helping small-business owners find the financial products and services that will make their businesses thrive, you may have found your new home.
We need a full-time content editor to edit and proofread long-form blog posts, resource articles, and website copy written by our skilled team of writers.
We need someone who will not only edit for clarity and proper usage but will passionately advocate for our users and revise our content to help small-business owners achieve their goals.
We need someone who puts the reader first, notices little details, juggles multiple projects at once, gives clear written and verbal feedback, and always meets deadlines. You should also love working collaboratively with writers and other team members to create the best content possible.
You should have experience editing web copy and creating business-focused content.
Why You’ll Love Our Team
We always fight for the user. At the core of everything we do is the desire to elevate the customer experience and create something that makes readers’ lives better.
- Work in a unique, collaborative environment where we share ideas freely and individuals are empowered to affect change.
- Be part of a culture that recognizes and rewards effort.
- Surround yourself with some of the best content creators and leave work each day having learned something new.
Breaking Down Your Day-to-day
- Edit and proofread copy for mechanics, clarity, organization, readability, use value, style guidelines, compliance standards, and helpfulness.
- Collaborate with multiple writers, giving and receiving constructive, clear, and kind feedback to improve individual pieces and overall writing.
- Work with the managing editor, copy director, SEO specialists, content strategists, marketing managers, designers, and other stakeholders to ensure content pieces meet goals.
- Contribute editorial insight and ideas at the team and project levels.
- Upload content pieces into WordPress using our content management system.
- Provide insights into how we can improve priority pages on our websites.
- Manage multiple projects at once and always meet deadlines.
- Proactively offer feedback on production processes, research and testing methods, and our editorial stances on small-business content.
What You'll Need
- Experience editing web content, preferably with a B2B or small-business focus
- Demonstrated skill helping others write clear, concise, compelling content
- Experience delivering feedback to writers through both written comments and face-to-face interactions
- Solid organizational skills and ability to self-manage time
- Understanding of how to advocate for users while accomplishing website goals
- Ability to adhere to in-house style guide and brand guidelines
- Ability to accept and implement feedback
- Passion to juggle multiple deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Eye for detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm for collaboration and a willingness to share ideas openly with writers, designers, content strategists, and other team members
- 2+ years’ experience editing
- Preferred degree in English, marketing, journalism, or a related field
- Experience editing online/web content
- Editing samples/portfolio
- Editing test for qualified applicants
Location: This is a full time, on-site position located in Salt Lake City or Orem, Utah. Due to COVID-19, our team is working remotely for the foreseeable future.
More About Clearlink
Clearlink, a SYKES company, is an award-winning digital marketing, sales conversion, and technology company, headquartered in Salt Lake City. A trusted partner for Fortune 500 companies since 2003, Clearlink delivers intuitive and engaging experiences throughout the customer journey that connect consumers with the products and services they need. Clearlink’s people-focused culture has been recognized internationally for strong leadership, business growth, innovative employee initiatives, and corporate social responsibility.
We are a company that lives by CLEAR values: Create Community, Learn and Grow, Embrace Opportunity, Act Like an Owner, Respect Every Person. What does that mean? It means that when you come to work for Clearlink, you’ll be surrounded by people that care for each other, care about every person being able to be the most authentic version of themselves, and care about making the communities around them a better place. Clearlink is a place that will empower you to take true ownership of your career and provide all the support needed to help you turn challenges into opportunities to grow.
People have taken notice of all the phenomenal things happening here at Clearlink! Over the last couple of years, we’ve been recognized with dozens of awards, such as:
- Utah Business Magazine’s SAMY Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 40 Under 40 Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 30 Women to Watch Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 20 in Their 20s Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s Fast 50 Awards
- Search Engine Land Awards, Best In-house SEO Team Finalist
- PR Daily Digital PR Awards, Viral Campaign Award
- PR Daily Digital PR Awards, Media Relations Campaign Award
- Utah Diversity Connection, Large Business Diversity Award
- The Stevie Awards, Achievements in Health and Wellness
- The Stevie Awards, Achievements in Developing and Promoting Women in Business
- The Stevie Awards, People-focused CEO of the Year
- Utah Business Magazine’s CEO of the Year
- Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces Award
- Women Tech Council’s Shatter List
In addition to the competitive pay and a healthy work/life integration, Clearlink offers industry-leading benefits to support you both inside and outside of the workplace. Some of the benefits include:
- An award-winning wellness program with a path to have 100% of healthcare premiums paid in full (over 80% of employees have 90%-100% of their premiums covered by Clearlink)
- 401K matching, tuition reimbursement, dedicated budget for conferences and certifications training/certification opportunities
- Free sets of ski passes to Utah’s top ski resorts
- Annual Trip of a Lifetime winners from each department that get to choose anywhere in the world to visit, and everyone in the larger group of finalists get a consolation prize of a week in a tropical paradise like Hawaii, Jamaica, or Mexico
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Access to yoga, meditation, counseling, outdoor and wellness activities like mountain biking and paddle boarding, and much more
*Everyone is a part; no one is apart. Ours is a community for everyone. We embrace diversity in experience, identity, and perspective, not only to help each of us learn and grow, but also to expand the capabilities of our business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Salt Lake City
Back to top