Brand Compliance Manager
- Salt Lake City, UT
COVID-19/Remote Work Update We learned from the new reality of Coronavirus (COVID-19) that remote hiring, onboarding, and ongoing employment is not only possible but adds value for our people and to our business. The accomplishments of our team while working in a remote capacity catalyzed us to embrace remote work as a long term strategy, and we are now hiring in UT, WA, AZ, CA, CO, FL, IL, MN, MO, NY, NC, OR. While our day-to-day approach has changed, our dedication to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping people to thrive both personally and professionally is stronger than ever.
The Compliance Manager is responsible for building efficient processes as well as training and developing a team in 4 core areas: (1) legal compliance and risk mitigation, (2) brand and product adherence (3) marketing production coordination and (4) data coordination. This role requires in depth knowledge of the legal landscape and implications surrounding how companies leverage digital channels to attract and convert an audience into customers as well as the importance and purpose behind building and maintaining a brand identity. As such the Compliance Manager will both be directly involved in as well as responsible for developing and continually improve processes for team onboarding, team management, cross-functional collaboration, national and international legal adherence, brand guideline adherence and brand partner communications.
Given the unique demands of this role, a qualified candidate will come primarily from a legal background with experience in brand guideline development and management as well. This role requires proven success building and scaling processes, teams and technology to support digital compliance. Advanced understanding in digital marketing across various channels and tactics, with a strong emphasis on the connection between information technology and law.
Due to the demands and daily tasks of this role and those specialists on the Compliance team, the following are also required:
- Proficiency within Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Google Suite, Jira, Airtable, and similar software applications
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations
- Knowledge and application of Compliance and Digital law, as well as related regulations and legislation
- Expert in oral and written communication
- Familiarity with data tools and software
Specific Duties & Tasks
Innovation & Direction
- Establish and communicate a clear vision for the Compliance function to both the team and the broader Clearlink Consumer Brands marketing group
- Remain aware of digital law standards and continually research developments within the digital industry to understand, prepare for and mitigate legal risk
- Identify and integrate new ways of using technology to automate or streamline brand and legal compliance
- Oversee data coordination functions for Clearlink Consumer Brands Marketing group
- Act as the subject matter expert directing best practices, required technology, reporting, and proper processes within Compliance
- Define optimal team capacity based on demands of the business
- Design or implement improvements in communication, monitoring, and adherence of Compliance standards
- Document and train compliance processes
- Provide individual employee and team development on Compliance related topics, policies that may add benefit or tertiary knowledge to standardized processes
- Hire, train and retain a qualified team of Compliance Specialists and Data Coordinators
- Identify and own the overall technical needs and future technical strategy to better enable and support Compliance processes
- Establish quality assurance and troubleshooting processes (both automated and manual) to be conducted regularly ensuring Compliance monitoring is scaled
- Be the direct contact for Engineering as internal or external products are developed ensuring branding and legal implications are incorporated into the implementation
- Participate in backlog refinement of future projects and products where Compliance oversight or involvement is required
- Help Data Coordinators identify areas of need and help ideate tools responsive to the challenges.
- Be the point of contact on behalf of the marketing department for coordination with Clearlink in-house counsel
- Field marketing legal questions including TCPA, FTC customer reviews, EU GDPR, privacy, copyright, trademark etc.
- Maintain open communication with all departments in Clearlink corporate group especially marketing teams, partner strategy, legal and executive teams
- Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities
- Provide assistance to internal or external auditors in compliance reviews
Compliance Fulfillment & Optimization
- Assist teams to assess the business’s future ventures to identify possible compliance risks
- Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
- Consult with corporate attorneys as necessary to address difficult legal compliance issues.
- Discuss emerging compliance issues with management or employees.
- Assess product, compliance, or operational risks and develop risk management strategies.
- Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits of Clearlink’s websites and websites belonging to Clearlink affiliates to ensure compliance procedures.
- Review new promotions, offer changes, disclaimers and new pages
- Actively work to find common ground to maintain compliance while achieving digital marketing goals.
- Maintain source of truth documentation for all marketing teams to reference when seeking knowledge about brand guidelines or policy
Clearlink, a SYKES company, is an award-winning digital marketing, sales conversion, and technology company, headquartered in Salt Lake City. A trusted partner for Fortune 500 companies since 2003, Clearlink delivers intuitive and engaging experiences throughout the customer journey that connect consumers with the products and services they need. Clearlink’s people-focused culture has been recognized internationally for strong leadership, business growth, innovative employee initiatives, and corporate social responsibility.
We are a company that lives by CLEAR values: Create Community, Learn and Grow, Embrace Opportunity, Act Like an Owner, Respect Every Person. That means that when you come to work for Clearlink, you’ll be surrounded by people that care for each other, care about every person being able to be the most authentic version of themselves, and care about making the communities around them a better place. Clearlink is a place that will empower you to take true ownership of your career and provide all the support needed to help you turn challenges into opportunities to grow!
People have taken notice of all the phenomenal things happening here at Clearlink! Over the last couple of years, we’ve been recognized with dozens of awards, such as:
- Utah Business Magazine’s SAMY Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 40 Under 40 Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 30 Women to Watch Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s 20 in Their 20s Awards
- Utah Business Magazine’s Fast 50 Awards
- Search Engine Land Awards, Best In-house SEO Team Finalist
- PR Daily Digital PR Awards, Viral Campaign Award
- PR Daily Digital PR Awards, Media Relations Campaign Award
- Utah Diversity Connection, Large Business Diversity Award
- The Stevie Awards, Achievements in Health and Wellness
- The Stevie Awards, Achievements in Developing and Promoting Women in Business
- The Stevie Awards, People-focused CEO of the Year
- Utah Business Magazine’s CEO of the Year
- Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces Award
- Women Tech Council’s Shatter List
In addition to the competitive pay and a healthy work/life integration, Clearlink offers industry-leading benefits to support you both inside and outside of the workplace. Some of the benefits include:
- An award-winning wellness program with a path to have 100% of healthcare premiums paid in full (over 80% of employees have 90%-100% of their premiums covered by Clearlink)
- 401K matching, tuition reimbursement, dedicated budget for conferences and certifications training/certification opportunities
- Free sets of ski passes to Utah’s top ski resorts
- Annual Trip of a Lifetime winners from each department that get to choose anywhere in the world to visit, and everyone in the larger group of finalists get a consolation prize of a week in a tropical paradise like Hawaii, Jamaica, or Mexico
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Access to yoga, meditation, counseling, outdoor and wellness activities like mountain biking and paddle boarding, and much more
Everyone is a part; no one is apart. Ours is a community for everyone. We embrace diversity in experience, identity, and perspective, not only to help each of us learn and grow, but also to expand the capabilities of our business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Back to top