CLEAR transforms what is uniquely you – your fingerprints, your face, your eyes – into a secure, biometric key to frictionless experiences. We are creating a world where travel is effortless, where accessing your office building is as simple as walking in, and where shopping is as easy as walking in and out of a store—without ever once showing an ID or credit card. CLEAR currently powers secure, frictionless customer experiences in nearly 40 U.S. airports and venues. With over 2 million members so far, CLEAR is the identity platform of the future, today.
CLEAR is looking for a Java Engineer to join the Technology team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for building cutting-edge applications. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about technology, stays on top of the latest trends within the field, and loves to engage with the developer community.
What You Will Do:
- Assist in developing new, and enhance existing, Java-based web and server-side applications
- Work closely with team leads to ensure that application can access the required data and it is appropriately filtered to comply with platform-specific business rules
- Collaborate with the other members of the engineering team to ensure all services are reliable, maintainable, and well-integrated into our existing platforms
- Adhere to best practices for testing and designing reusable code
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of core Java experience. Java 8 experience, preferred
- Experience with Agile methodologies is highly desirable
- Prefer working knowledge of a wide range of technologies, including: Software development methodologies; Strong system knowledge of Linux environments; Knowledge in Amazon’s AWS ecosystem is desirable
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests and recommend alternative technical and business approaches
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive with flawless execution
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills
Back to top