Senior Innovations Engineer
CLEAR transforms what is uniquely you – your fingerprints, your face, your eyes – into a secure, biometric key to frictionless experiences. We are creating a world where travel is effortless, where accessing your office building is as simple as walking in, and where shopping is as easy as walking in and out of a store—without ever once showing an ID or credit card. CLEAR currently powers secure, frictionless customer experiences in nearly 40 U.S. airports and venues. With over 2 million members so far, CLEAR is the identity platform of the future, today.
CLEAR is looking for an experienced senior level engineer to build and explore technologies to foster the growth of our platform. You will have a broad love of technology, API design, architecture, software development, security and identity paradigms, and an appreciation of hardware. You have a desire to envision, innovate, and quickly become an expert in a delivering a new and better world through biometrics and security.
The ideal candidate is energized by CLEAR’s groundbreaking efforts and answers technical challenges with “how” not “if”. You’re comfortable contributing to date driven, mission-critical projects while defending and communicating expectations which will lead to a high quality end result.
What You Will Do:
- Research and investigate new technologies for the purpose of applied solutions and/or innovation
- Build proof of concept integrations and production prototypes on the full technology stack. The ideal candidate will have interest and context in a range of technologies and deep proficiency in at least one tier. Collectively the team will embody expertise throughout the stack.
- Act as the internal and external expert in the design and support of the CLEAR API
- Partner closely with the CLEAR back-end and client technology teams
- Deliver prototypes for next-generation software and POC sales opportunities under (sometimes) tight deadlines, focusing on time to market for promising projects
- Engage in the developer community, both to assist with API usage and to share our designs and solutions
- Occasionally travel as a technology evangelist
Who You Are:
- A strong software background and a proven record of software development success (in industry and/or with open source).
- BS, MS, PhD in computer science, engineering, physics, or a related field is strongly preferred.
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas is a strong plus: biometrics, distributed computing, security and optimization, clustered file systems, machine learning, neural networks, and speech processing.
See Inside the Office of CLEAR
CLEAR is transforming the way people live, work, and travel, powering a friction-free security experience in nearly 30 U.S. airports and sports stadiums. With over a million members, CLEAR's vision is a world where travel is easy again, where accessing the office is as simple as walking in, and where buying goods is as fast as walking in and out of a store. That’s the world CLEAR is building today with biometric technology.
Back to top