Sr. Java Software Engineer
Sr. Java Software Engineer
Clarabridge is looking for a progressive and innovative Java software engineer to provide technology leadership and hands-on coding skills to our growing development team. Our technologies and tool chain include Spring, SpringBoot, Elastic, Spock, Jenkins, Chef, Nexus, and GitHub among others.
We are a scrum shop and happy to teach and mentor if you don’t have previous scrum experience. If you do have scrum experience, then you’ll be happy to know that we do full scrum, complete with sprint planning, sprint review, retrospectives, scrums, backlog refinement, and planning poker. We also embrace XP development methodologies and put great value on XP development principles – in this role you’ll be able to drive our adoption of XP techniques.
What you’ll do:
- Design and architect solutions using modern, progressive XP engineering principles and techniques
- Research and implement full-stack solutions to address architectural needs
- Write testable, well thought-out code in Java and potentially groovy
- Write unit tests, lots of them.
- Write automated acceptance tests, lots of those too.
- Encourage technical collaboration and lead new technical initiatives while being accountable for sound design and implementation
- Evaluate and implement tools to make the whole team’s job easier
- Optimize and refactor existing code
- Mentor and pair with other team members
- Post at least one hilarious animated GIF to our Slack each day
We think you’d be a great fit for this role if you…
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or the foreign equivalent from a top tiered school in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or Mathematics.
- Have 8+ years professional software engineering experience.
- Are a progressive coder, embracing the principles of agile and XP and teaching others.
- Insist on writing automated tests and building an automated CI/CD pipeline.
- Have designed and built enterprise-class software before.
- Like to mentor and collaborate with others.
- Understand architectural trade-offs and are able to create practical-yet-forward-looking solutions.
- Confidently adopt and leverage new technologies.
Clarabridge offers unlimited paid time off, full medical, full dental, matching 401k, wellness programs like gym membership reimbursement, public transportation incentives, and a thriving corporate culture. We also sponsor H1-B’s.
Clarabridge’s customer experience management platform helps hundreds of the world’s leading brands understand and improve the customer journey. With over 310 employees and offices in Reston, London, San Francisco, Barcelona, Ghent, and Singapore, Clarabridge is an internationally recognized leader in the Customer Experience Management industry. Our culture is people-focused, results-oriented, and customer-obsessed. In addition to standard benefits, we also offer employees free snacks and drinks onsite, great social events, office ping pong and pool tables, and lots of health-focused perks like an onsite gym and sit/stand desks.
Meet Some of Clarabridge's Employees
Associate Software Engineer
Eric designs and implements full-stack solutions for Clarabridge’s web application. Each day, his code adds features and functionality to new and existing products and fixes bugs reported by clients.
Back to top