Director, Solutions Engineering

The Director, Solutions Engineering – North America will be responsible for leading, managing and developing the North American Solution Engineering team.  In this leadership role, the Director will lead the Solutions Engineering team in our mission of winning the solution selection in Clarabridge sales cycles while taking steps to shorten cycles.  The Director will be hands on in key sales cycles, while providing mentorship to all Solutions Engineers on all cycles continually.  The Director will provide day to day guidance and long term training and development plans for all current Solutions Engineers.  The Director will hire new personnel and handle other personnel decisions as necessary in close coordination with the VP of Solutions Engineering & Sales Enablement. 

What you’ll do…

  • Manage a team of Solutions Engineers including recruitment, selection, onboarding, performance management and professional development.
  • Conduct regular meetings with field SE team and Sales counterparts to stay abreast of all opportunities in the field to help steer our direction and strategy in all deals.
  • Interface with Regional Vice Presidents to ensure our strategy and execution is in line with their expectations.
  • Steer the SE Operations team to develop demos and assets needed by the field SE team and to continually adjust our catalog of assets.
  • Assess opportunities to ensure our best assets and strategy are being used while identifying key accounts and opportunities for direct involvement.  Maintain about 20% of your time involved directly in opportunities, and the other 80% of your time managing and developing the team.
  • Have your suitcase ready—you’ll be traveling to client sites domestically and internationally approximately 20% of the time.

About you…

  • You have a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline; Master’s degree a plus.
  • 12+ years in sales consulting or relevant business development; 8+ year management experience (success selling or providing services to Clarabridge software or equivalent experience a plus)
  • Proven track record of success in selling Clarabridge CX Suite
  • Technical aggressiveness, demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and business requirements
  • Ability to develop rapport and establish strong relationships with all levels of the sales organization and other departments within Clarabridge
  • Extensive experience with CEM technologies in one or more vertical markets and/or horizontal applications.
  • You live in PowerPoint and Excel and are a walking encyclopedia of tricks and tips.
  • Multi-tasking is a way of life, and you can handle multiple, competing priorities with ease
  • Exceptional oral, presentation, and written communication skills
  • You’re comfortable with the SaaS space and with presenting technology as a business solution.
  • You have a great track record of supporting complex deals that involve both business and technical professional.

Back to top