Software Engineer, Front End
As a Front End Engineer at Clara, you'll be delivering technology solutions that will dramatically overhaul a giant industry while also solving a pain point in many people’s lives - the $10 trillion mortgage industry. Current interfaces and tools for borrowers and mortgage professionals are stuck in the stone age: comically outdated web forms along with awkward, brittle and inefficient desktop applications. We’re changing that in two key ways: first, by giving borrowers the tools that put them back in control of the most important financial decision of their lives. Second, by saving industry professionals from the drudgery of today’s tools and making their jobs both interesting and meaningful. Our front end engineers are key in leading that revolution.
Clara is a modern, proven, technology-enabled lender backed by top venture capital firms, Redpoint Ventures and Venrock Capital. Based in downtown San Francisco, we’re a diverse team of professionals with backgrounds that bring together the best of Silicon Valley tech, financial services, the mortgage industry and the federal government – a rare combination that uniquely positions us to solve the biggest problem in consumer finance. We are driven by our mission to improve people’s lives and ultimately transform the way lending works, and believe that the only way to do it is to foster a culture of creativity, collaboration, community and openness. Come join us!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- For borrowers, you’ll build a beautiful, intuitive and empowering interface for understanding and selecting the mortgage that is right for their unique situation
- For mortgage professionals, you’ll create an optimized, efficient and transformative set of tools helping them be 10 times more productive than their peers in the industry
- Develop reusable, flexible UI components using angular and react… and open source them!
- Work with designers to imagine the visual and interaction patterns appropriate for our users
- Opinionated but not dogmatic. You have seen how things are done in different contexts and have justified and thoughtful perspectives about them
- Experience as a front end engineer at consumer facing, UI heavy web shop
- A strong interest in usability and design aesthetics
Back to top