Software Engineer, Backend
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build a reliable, extensible and intuitive platform for processing loans. You’re an engineer, so bring your own unique approach to the product. See a problem, solve it and iterate.
- We have product managers and opinionated users, but our engineers are involved (and critically important!) from ideation and requirements to development and deployment. You will never be asked to blindly implement a ticket - instead you’ll be challenged to solve complex and open-ended problems.
- Improve everything you touch. Champion and promote adoption of better tools, coding practices, standards and feedback loops. Refactor ugly code, kill dead code.
- You care about people, especially the other engineers on your team and the business stakeholders that rely on you.
- You open yourself to new ideas and you enjoy discussing concepts and solutions with your teammates.
- You’re a conceptual and organized thinker. You pride yourself on your ability to manage ambiguity and you’re comfortable with flexible, emergent situations.
- You understand CS fundamentals-- you know algorithms and data structures, but more importantly, you know when they’re important and when they’re not.
- You have knowledge of both a popular statically typed and a popular dynamically typed language. Check out our current stack at http://stackshare.io/clara-lending/clara-lending
- You have 4+ years of experience writing quality code for a consumer tech company, or similar relevant experience
Meet Some of Clara's Employees
Brian builds technological architecture to optimize Clara’s workflow processes. His work supports internal company operations, allowing Sales and Mortgage Operations Teams to be more efficient with their time.
Back to top